• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nash looks like he can play. Can't stand Grant Nisbett's cricket commentary btw, wish he'd stick solely to rugby. He's the master of stating the "bleeding obvious"

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty good stuff so far, though I have to say it was some poor captaincy by Vettori that resulted in Nash surviving and Taylor getting injured. He's persisted with that weird tactic of having a very wide first slip for a good year now, and there have been at least 4 catches that I can think of, that have gone flying through it. I suppose he uses it because McCullum often goes for catches that would be straight into the hands of a regular first slip, but with Gillespie going around the wicket, his natural first movement would've been to the right, not the left. Not good.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Both teams giving away their wickets. Bowlers have been decent to good for both sides though. Let's see if Nash and Chanderpaul can push on from here.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I think this rule explains what Samuel Vimes mentioned earlier in the topic:
3. First day's play lost
If no play takes place on the first day of a match of more than one day's duration, 1 above shall apply in accordance with the number of days remaining from the actual start of the match. The day on which play first commences shall count as a whole day for this purpose, irrespective of the time at which play starts. Play will have taken place as soon as, after the call of Play, the first over has started. See Law 22.2 (Start of an over).
So it appears that if day two was completely abandonned, because the match had already started it would count as a day, but if day one was abandonned, the match would turn into a four day game with a follow-on mark of 150.

Confusing but I think thats the reasoning behind the follow-on mark remaining at 200.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ramdin goes - and Ramdin challenges, very interesting...

Edit - Honestly, same issue I brought up last night, use the hawkeye projection otherwise it could well come down to Rudi's interpretation of whether the ball would hit leg stump or not.

Last edited: