• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure you can unless the rain delay happens before play actually starts. Possibly due to the perceived unfairness in making 365, bowling WI out for 190, making 6/1 from 25 overs at the end of the day (How gets out) then it rains and a day is lost, and you've made the decision not to follow on, whereas if it had rained earlier, you could have made them follow on.
Yeah thats why I was wondering about whether my initial thoughts of a follow-on mark of 150 was in fact correct. Given Sky's implied that the follow-on is still at 200 I'd say you've explained the situation correctly. :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
50 up for Gayle. Hoping for a century from him here.
Hes playing brilliantly at the moment and Sarwan's started pretty confidently too. I think Vettori's got to make a few bowling changes here, Gayle's looking very comfortable against Gillespie in particular. Wouldn't mind seeing Franklin given a spell.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
A think a bit of overconfidence in Sarwan's batting played a part in the dismissal there. Good delivery from Mills though to follow up the LBW shout the previous ball.

And Franklin now on.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor shot selection there - pulling the ball from way outside off stump - and I'd say that Gayle's thrown away a great chance of making a hundred before lunch.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
A poor shot by Gayle nd a pretty good catch from Fraklin leads to Gayles dismissal.

Also. interesting that Marshall hasn't even scored a first class century yet.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Also. interesting that Marshall hasn't even scored a first class century yet.
Reminds of when Hamish Marshall was first selected for New Zealand, without a first class century to his name (although James had scored a hundred by then) . Only played one test and was left out of the side for a few years but a similar case I guess.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd tend to agree. ;) Hes played a few nice shots so far, certainly a talent and I doubt it'll be too long before he does score his maiden first class ton.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
3 poor shots from the batsmen here. Mills and OBrien have the wickets but I dont think either has been troubling the batsmen. Lucky for NZ

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
How's Franklin looking?
Not bowling exceedingly quick (about 125-130km/h) and hasn't really been able to swing the ball notably. Strayed on Gayle's leg stump and was picked off a few times and Marshall put him away for a couple of boundaries too but has otherwise been ok without looking overly threatening.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Reminds of when Hamish Marshall was first selected for New Zealand, without a first class century to his name (although James had scored a hundred by then) . Only played one test and was left out of the side for a few years but a similar case I guess.
Hamish> James

I would have much preferred to have Hamish opening instead of James in those England matches.

But he's another player we lost to ICL :@