• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good on Flynn for getting 95, I take it was a dodgy call?
Nah, it was out. But he would have got away with it if it hadn't been for the referral system, and after playing so well you kinda wish he did.

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah through bad umpiring.
Completely disagree. Without technological intervention 90% of umpires would have given it not out simply because there was enough doubt to be uncertain it definitely hit him in line. I'm pretty sure that would have been termed as a good decision if there was no technology involved.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Completely disagree. Without technological intervention 90% of umpires would have given it not out simply because there was enough doubt to be uncertain it definitely hit him in line. I'm pretty sure that would have been termed as a good decision if there was no technology involved.
THANK GOD.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn getting out really ruined the day for me. I'll wait until I see the dismissal before I make any comments on it. Either way, to let Gayle get 3 wickets (2 of which were complete giveaways) was just awful and has seriously put our chances of getting a decent first innings score in jeopardy. Still not that big a fan of Taylor at 4 to be honest, but I'll leave that aside for now. We need at least 450 to drive for a win in this match, and that's by no means assured at the moment.

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
Taylor should be hanged for player that shot. I mean fine if it was the first time he had played it but ffs, 50% of his dismissals in test cricket must have been playing that god awful shot.

Athlai

Not Terrible
All the commentators were saying this pitch would die on day 4 day 5 and NZ were well on top TBF.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor should be hanged for player that shot. I mean fine if it was the first time he had played it but ffs, 50% of his dismissals in test cricket must have been playing that god awful shot.
Honestly the opposition can't get Ross out, he's too good for that. Unfortunately his brain explodes all the fricken time.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Good decision, but that took too long.
Taking too long and getting it right > getting in an extra over and getting it wrong
Nah, agree with SirBloody Idiot. On the live action shot, I thought it might have hit him outside off, but once the replays started rolling, I knew Flynn was a dead duck. I'm assuming Koertzen had access to Hawkeye as well? If so, I couldn't understand the incredibly long delay between the decision being referred upstairs and the final decision. On the replays, it looked good enough to give, and on the Hawkeye, there was absolutely no doubt the ball hit him in line with off. I'm definitely not a fan if it's going to take that long - there's barely enough overs in a day as it is without an ungainly, disjointed referral system.

And may I also add that I'm gutted for Flynn. The most humorous part of the whole day was the fact that last night one of our workmates (on holiday in Hong Kong, but doing some work for us while there) sent an 836-word email arguing against Flynn being moved to 3. He rung up today and we advised him that (at the time) Flynn was unbeaten on 82...