• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah there was a clip from it in the news, he said "I have no doubt that a fit Chris Martin is the number one bowler in the country, and the sooner we have him back the better."

Polo23

International Debutant
Yeah there was a clip from it in the news, he said "I have no doubt that a fit Chris Martin is the number one bowler in the country, and the sooner we have him back the better."
Now that's just a blatant lie. A fit Jimmy Franklin is twice as effective.

_Ed_

I hope so, but I worry that the huge improvements in Franklin's batting may have come at the expense of his bowling (as well as the toll injuries have taken).

While his batting for Wellington has been superb, (looking only at his figures) I'm not sure the old Franklin is back with the ball at this point.

Flem274*

123/5
A half fit Franklin>Martin.

Martin is Oram without the ability to bat,catch, or fall over injured constantly.

Though Martin still deserves to be ahead of Gillespie.

Zinzan

Not for me :( I'm going to be busy now on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, possibly half of Sunday.
Me too, stupidly took leave to watch that depressing one-sided NZ/Aust series & off course turned it off half the time we were batting :wallbash:

Flem274*

123/5
My predicted awesome parts of the series: Our bowling vs their batting

Dire parts: Our batting vs their bowling. Whose worse?

Polo23

International Debutant
While his batting for Wellington has been superb, (looking only at his figures) I'm not sure the old Franklin is back with the ball at this point.
I'd suggest pitch conditions have been a major part of him being so awesome with the bat, and perhaps not so great with the ball. That Eden Park pitch was as flat and placcid as any pitch in the world, it had NOTHING in it for the bowlers. Anyway, we will see tomorrow...no doubt he will play with the weather conditions around.

analyst

U19 12th Man
It seems to me you know VERY little about NZ cricket because everything you just said is blatantly untrue.

Anyway, weather doesnt look too bad for tomorrow in Dunedin: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/93891.html

Going by that forecast, we should see some cricket.
I didn't say I knew the ins and outs about the Kiwis, infact my post was more a speculatory query about one or two of your players and then my personal impression of your players. Hardly the worst crime I would have thought. I still don't understand this business about shuffling players up and down the order as if it was ODI cricket.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I didn't say I knew the ins and outs about the Kiwis, infact my post was more a speculatory query about one or two of your players and then my personal impression of your players. Hardly the worst crime I would have thought. I still don't understand this business about shuffling players up and down the order as if it was ODI cricket.
Our coach just changed and Jesse is new to the team. :huh:

analyst

U19 12th Man
Aren't you the one who said Ryder should open?
Yes, with the support of his ODI perfomances against England which convinced me he was a good striker of the ball. Well if he is going to be moved anyway, it would seem logical he move to opener rather than 5 ?

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Yes, with the support of his ODI perfomances against England which convinced me he was a good striker of the ball. Well if he is going to be moved anyway, it would seem logical he move to opener rather than 5 ?
Ryder is no Sehwag.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just trying to get this straight:

You criticised the idea of changing the order because it's not ODI cricket, yet you want to change the order based on what happened in ODI cricket....

Ryder bats 4 or 5 at First Class level and that's where he's best suited in the longer format of the game. He opens in one dayers to take advantage of the fielding restrictions.

analyst

U19 12th Man
Just trying to get this straight:

You criticised the idea of changing the order because it's not ODI cricket, yet you want to change the order based on what happened in ODI cricket....

Ryder bats 4 or 5 at First Class level and that's where he's best suited in the longer format of the game. He opens in one dayers to take advantage of the fielding restrictions.
I criticised the constant changing the order in NZ's history, it has happened throughout, look at how many times Fleming has moved up and down the order or Astle, in ODI's or tests.

And if Ryder is a good 4 or 5, why was he played at 3 by the previous set up which included Vettori as part of the selection ? Does that mean he is more or less invisible?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And if Ryder is a good 4 or 5, why was he played at 3 by the previous set up which included Vettori as part of the selection ? Does that mean he is more or less invisible?
He was batted at 3 because we're desperate, and New Zealand's selectors are just bad at their job. Ryder never should have been selected at 3, certainly not this early in his career, and that was a fact that received almost universal recognition on these boards from the first test against Oz.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
He was batted at 3 because we're desperate, and New Zealand's selectors are just bad at their job. Ryder never should have been selected at 3, certainly not this early in his career, and that was a fact that received almost universal recognition on these boards from the first test against Oz.
Do you still keep that Avatar as some sort of lost bet or have you become a bit of a fan.