• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
- Ryder definately at 5
- Flynn could have a go at 3
- Vettori should bat 8
- Franklin 9 for now
- Franklin, Gillespie to take new ball
- Daniel Vettori is a legend

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
In form Franklin to have a go at 8 IMO but I'm still happy either way.
yea its a close one but I think Vettori has proved himself a more than handy 8 and I also think he can take more initiative as captain from there rather than just having OBrien and Gillespie to bat with. Franklins batting has obviously come a long way during his injury and i do believe there is a spot for him in the middle order in the future but for now, Vettori at 8.

GGG

State Captain
Yeah i like Flynn/Fulton at 3 and Ryder down at 5. I would also have Franklin at 6 on current form.

analyst

U19 12th Man
Jamie How SR 50
Tim McIntosh SR Unknown (this domestic season SR 50)
Daniel Flynn SR 40
Ross Taylor SR 60
Jesse Ryder SR 50
Jacob Oram SR 50
Brendon McCullum SR 65
James Franklin SR 40
Daniel Vettori SR 55

Ryder has a very similar strike rate to the openers already, everyone besides Flynn is a natural stroke player. The problem with NZ is we don't have players capable of sticking around! Not that we don't have players who can score quickly.
What is so special about Mcintoish? All Ryder does is smack the ball, I can't see him construct an innings, what kind of middle order batsmen is that ? Your best two test batsmen at the moment, Flynn and Taylor should be playing at 4 and 5, because Flynn can't play the new ball and Taylor it seems has a rush of blood when he plays the new ball and lashes out.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Because Ryder does much more than that he just hasn't had the chance to show it in his limited international Test exposure that is why.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What are the chances of play on Thursday? I've heard there could be some rain about.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Occasional rain hopefully won't be too bad. I'm looking forward to this test considering how evenly matched the teams are. We Shouldn't see a domination by either sides but considering NZ top order you never know:dry:

Polo23

International Debutant
What is so special about Mcintoish? All Ryder does is smack the ball, I can't see him construct an innings, what kind of middle order batsmen is that ? Your best two test batsmen at the moment, Flynn and Taylor should be playing at 4 and 5, because Flynn can't play the new ball and Taylor it seems has a rush of blood when he plays the new ball and lashes out.
It seems to me you know VERY little about NZ cricket because everything you just said is blatantly untrue.

Anyway, weather doesnt look too bad for tomorrow in Dunedin: http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/93891.html

Going by that forecast, we should see some cricket.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Will give you guys a weather update tomorrow morning. No point in saying one now because the weather changes so quick here, it could've snowed and then gone to 30 degrees by the time I finish typing this.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will give you guys a weather update tomorrow morning. No point in saying one now because the weather changes so quick here, it could've snowed and then gone to 30 degrees by the time I finish typing this.
Good lad. I can certainly say Christchurch turned out to be a cracker this afternoon

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I thought the 1st Test started on Friday so it has been pleasant treat to find out it starts tomorrow. :)

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Just heard on Radiosport in one of their quick news quoting Vettori's discontent at Martin being dropped. Anyone else heard the interview? When was it?

Let's hope this is not the start of a testy relationship between Vets and the incompetent selectors.