• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Right decision to give it to Murali. Yea, he is a spinner, but he is so much better than anyone else you have that you absolutely must put the ball in his hands.

Chubb

International Regular
Terrible shame, really, It was a good performance but Zim should have won. It started to go down hill when Hamilton was out and ended when Murali took the ball for the last over- Zim might still have won if Thushara had bowled it but a good decision from Jayawardene.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If Mathews played Zimbabwe would have lost by millions. The selectors should really stop resting our best players and just let him rip.

Lostman

State Captain
If Mathews played Zimbabwe would have lost by millions. The selectors should really stop resting our best players and just let him rip.
Have you seen K silva play? Cant wait till he replaces Prasanna Jayawardene as the keeper in the test side. He has been in good from in the A side, but I am not sure how good his keeping is.

Chubb

International Regular
The game yesterday showed that Chawaguta's call for more aggressive play from the side can lead to decent performances, but the fact remains they should have won the game. Obviously you can't say if they would have won if Robin Brown was still the coach, but his coaching style had clearly made the side stronger mentally- they might not have flunked the last over and a half if he had been in the pavilion. And the performances in the first two games almost certainly would not have happened.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Have you seen K silva play? Cant wait till he replaces Prasanna Jayawardene as the keeper in the test side. He has been in good from in the A side, but I am not sure how good his keeping is.
Improving a lot as keeper each season and tour. But probably just a bit below Test standard still. Technically as pure batsmen he probably the next best middle order batsmen. Very sound technqiue.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
wow, the 'who cares cup' is at stake here

seriously though, have a look back at zimbabwe's history, there's some serious players there if they could have kept them all

flower x 2
streak
campbell
goodwin x 2
price
strang x 2
huckle
whittal x 2
blignaut
ervine
taibu
olonga
vermuelen
carlisle

that's just off the top of my head, none of the current crop bar taibu are any good, he should have stayed in south africa got qualified and got a gig once boucher had retired, serious talent that one

Langeveldt

Soutie
that's just off the top of my head, none of the current crop bar taibu are any good, he should have stayed in south africa got qualified and got a gig once boucher had retired, serious talent that one
How has he got serious talent? If he was Australian he would be playing grade cricket at best.. There are at least 3 keepers off the top of my head who could serve SA better once Boucher retires

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
That's being a bit cruel towards the likes of Masakadza and Chigumbura if not Sibanda.