• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

Precambrian

Banned
Yuvraj is one of the better players of the pull-stroke I've seen among Indians.

Even Tendulkar, one of the best ever, did not play the stroke excessively.
:lol: One of the worst informed statements. He has played pull shots only in the 20-20s. Basically if its going outside off he's a sucker.

And for Tendulkar, you haven't seen him pre-injury (pre 1999), he always played pulls at will.

Precambrian

Banned
since india is able to score freely from other bowlers ..they are giving him due respect other wise they would have tried to hit him also
Could be a reason. However I think Fred would get that respect anytime from Indian batsmen.

And Yuvi plays one of the worst pulls to get a 4.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:lol: One of the worst informed statements. He has played pull shots only in the 20-20s. Basically if its going outside off he's a sucker.
I've seen him play the stroke in ODIs plenty of times.
And for Tendulkar, you haven't seen him pre-injury (pre 1999), he always played pulls at will.
I did see him at that time, but what injury did he have in 1999?

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
Could be a reason. However I think Fred would get that respect anytime from Indian batsmen.

And Yuvi plays one of the worst pulls to get a 4.
Maybe it can give him some sort of confident....Look away shots FTW.

Cmon Yuvi...

Havent seen Broad yet.

Precambrian

Banned
I've seen him play the stroke in ODIs plenty of times.

I did see him at that time, but what injury did he have in 1999?
It was in 1999, he started to have the first bout of injuries, something in his ankle, IIRC. Ever since, his pulls have been curtailed. Earlier he used to pull with one of the heaviest bats in cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
since india is able to score freely from other bowlers ..they are giving him due respect other wise they would have tried to hit him also
They're giving him respect because he's bowling impossibly better than anyone else.

That was a biiiiiiiiiiiiig over, 14 off.

biased indian

International Coach
i think yuvraj is one of the the best ODI player india have right now ...why every one is so bothered about him..its an ODI only rite not test. how is score is not that much important .how mauh and how fast is the thing to look for

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
They're giving him respect because he's bowling impossibly better than anyone else.

That was a biiiiiiiiiiiiig over, 14 off.
I think there have been 3 overs greater. Colly and Patel and ando or broad eariar.

He got a bit unlucky at the start harmy did.