• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official England in India***

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Better get it over before the spinner come, and he has his best two bowlers operating now.
Bring the spin on, tighten the screws and watch one of the Indian batsmen get taken at long on. Then call the PowerPlay when the new batsman walks in. These guys are set and it’s a waste of Harmy and Fred’s overs.

Precambrian

Banned
Bring the spin on, tighten the screws and watch one of the Indian batsmen get taken at long on. Then call the PowerPlay when the new batsman walks in. These guys are set and it’s a waste of Harmy and Fred’s overs.
I'd say on this pitch, there is a better chance of these two strangling the Indians for runs, than a spinner trying to get one of them hitting to long on. Because, the ground is smaller and Sehwag's hits go for six, an Gambhir is damn a good player of it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson has gone wicketless in 11 out of his last 20 ODIs, as well as being wicketless so far today. And taken just 1 in 6 others.

Patel on in the Powerplays, strange indeed.

Precambrian

Banned
Ooh I forget Samit is left arm, That will create some problem for Sehwag.

EDIT - What problem? He gets inside out to sweeper cover.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No it isn't that was Bangladesh vs. NZ.
Oh well it's the start of it in England terms, and in terms of games I've taken the blindest bit of notice of. Only spotted that Pakistan and West Indies were playing after the game finished and obviously don't care about games with substandard teams.

And I reckon India'd do well to take the third Powerplay now, ITBT. Can see some reason for waiting obviously, but so far the later it's been taken the better for the fielding team.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It was basically a series proving that Bangladesh are on the rise, quality bowling with real class coming from the batting at times. Ahhhh well.

They'll NEVER be ODI class.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh well it's the start of it in England terms, and in terms of games I've taken the blindest bit of notice of. Only spotted that Pakistan and West Indies were playing after the game finished and obviously don't care about games with substandard teams.

And I reckon India'd do well to take the third Powerplay now, ITBT. Can see some reason for waiting obviously, but so far the later it's been taken the better for the fielding team.
Why not just say you were wrong rather than pratting on and justifying it by talking about substandard teams. Oh of course, that ain't ur style.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I couldn't and never have cared about "ODIs" involving substandard teams.

It's fairly obvious I acknowledged that I missed the game between Pak and WI though. Try again.