• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Rogers and Johnson though, shouldn't have moved, cause they are getting all the cricket they want. It's stupid for them to move, I don't see a reason for them to to be honest.
Reckon Rogers will play more OD cricket this season, then in the last three seasons for WA.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally have rated Klinger for a long time, ever since I first saw him play around 2000. Always wondered why he wasn't doing the job for Victoria, has just been saving it up for the Redbacks. :)

Good to see Cam Borgas get his bi-seasonal ton. Single figures for the rest of the season. I bet Furgel-son looked stylish for the duration of his 13 runs too.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Err no, other way around. It doesn't matter though, I laid Tasmania at $1.18 and then Victoria at $5 which works out to profit on both sides.

I'm not stupid enough to bet on something happening at $1.18.
Laugh if it was a draw..

I won again on the terrific Sports Acumen site, with Dighton over Paine in a head to head battle.

I only had $10 @ $2.05, but all good.

He played a great innings too.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Laugh if it was a draw..

I won again on the terrific Sports Acumen site, with Dighton over Paine in a head to head battle.

I only had $10 @ $2.05, but all good.

He played a great innings too.
You can keep on winning as long as I do too...

And yeah, onya Pomers!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder who Bollinger going to replace when he comes into the side. Hazlewood looked good on debut. Lambert been our most consistent bowler. Hauritz is bowling ok. Smith took some wickets and add a bit more with the bat in the lower middle order. Mosies is starting to look ok with the ball and bat.

All signs point to Beau Casson. He hardly bowled since Hauritz came into the side and didn't bowl at all yesterday even with 40 odd overs of spin. Talk is that he still isn't fully fit and basically playing as batting all rounder. Massive fall from grace if he does get the cut. From Test cricketer to Grade cricketer in the space of a couple months.

Cameron might be back next game as well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder who Bollinger going to replace when he comes into the side. Hazlewood looked good on debut. Lambert been our most consistent bowler. Hauritz is bowling ok. Smith took some wickets and add a bit more with the bat in the lower middle order. Mosies is starting to look ok with the ball and bat.

All signs point to Beau Casson. He hardly bowled since Hauritz came into the side and didn't bowl at all yesterday even with 40 odd overs of spin. Talk is that he still isn't fully fit and basically playing as batting all rounder. Massive fall from grace if he does get the cut. From Test cricketer to Grade cricketer in the space of a couple months.

Reckon Hazelwood will go. No drastic need to play him now - let him gain experience in first grade.

Hauritz to get the chop if Cameron's back, unless Casson does indeed have a niggling injury.

Jakester1288

International Regular

Just goes to show how strong our bowling is, even without our test stars.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Hazelwood will go. No drastic need to play him now - let him gain experience in first grade.

Hauritz to get the chop if Cameron's back, unless Casson does indeed have a niggling injury.
Apparently the selectors are very keen to blood Hazelwood in the 1st XI. They probably blood him in ODs, where there is a spot up for graps.

I'm quite sure Casson got a niggling injury from the Australia A, India tour. The only reason why he kept playing was to try and push for spot in the Brisbane Test and due to all our other injuries. He needs a couple weeks off 4 day cricket to get back to full fitness. If Bollinger and Cameron are back it is a good chance to rest him to the back end of the season.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
chaminda said:
Apparently the selectors are very keen to blood Hazelwood in the 1st XI. They probably blood him in ODs, where there is a spot up for graps.
Yeah, our one day bowling has been ****, so I have no issues with him getting a go there. I don't even necessarily think he should be ahead of ****ley in First Class cricket though.. sure Haze didn't disgrace himself against New Zealand but let's calm down here: he only took two wickets and it's not like the batting was awesome given Lambert took 5/74. ****ley on the other hand is fresh off a five wicket haul and has been bowling far more accurately this season than ever before; he's got the rewards for this too with 9 wickets at an average of under 18. We can't drop him after that for a 17 year old rookie, surely. Tour games against New Zealand are one thing but ****ley should still be ahead in the Shield pecking order, even if he does drop back out for Bollinger or Cameron.

chaminda said:
I'm quite sure Casson got a niggling injury from the Australia A, India tour. The only reason why he kept playing was to try and push for spot in the Brisbane Test and due to all our other injuries. He needs a couple weeks off 4 day cricket to get back to full fitness. If Bollinger and Cameron are back it is a good chance to rest him to the back end of the season.
That's all well and good, but there'd be no point him playing Grade cricket if he was injured, so this point..

chaminda said:
From Test cricketer to Grade cricketer in the space of a couple months
.. isn't really apt, is it?

If he's fit to bowl he should be picked ahead of Hauritz, for sure. If he isn't, he should be allowed to rest properly. To be fair, he's taken just the one wicket at over 200 this season, so he might be in genuine dropping territory. Really shows how fickle the system is if he goes though.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't actually think Hazelwood should be ahead of Crockley and others. It is just the word (could just be a load of crap) is that they are quite keen to get him in the set up early. As they have little faith in Bird and Crockley long term. Similar to reasoning behind play Mosies and Stevie as top order bats ahead of Roher, Cowan, Henry, Usman and Warner in FC. Picked on potential rather then performances or form.

Casson apparently has food poisoning this morning, which is why he didn't bowl. Though if you look at the way he bowled this season. He has no zip, so I'm sure it more then just a bug. He doesn seem to have one of those niggling injuries where he can bowl. But playing four day matches just seems to make it drag on. He bowled ok at the start of spells, but was basically useless backing up. Some two day cricket or maybe 2nd XI cricket might help get him 100%, rather then 80%.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given Klinger's recent run of form, if there is an injury or a player loses serious form he wouldn't be that far away. Wouldn't say he's next in line, but could be a candidate to replace Hayden when he retires (if Klinger keeps it up), and has maybe leapfrogged other contenders to go from no chance to at least be considered.

Top_Cat

Given Klinger's recent run of form, if there is an injury or a player loses serious form he wouldn't be that far away. Wouldn't say he's next in line, but could be a candidate to replace Hayden when he retires (if Klinger keeps it up), and has maybe leapfrogged other contenders to go from no chance to at least be considered.
I seriously doubt it, myself. He's scored runs aplenty but has sure taken his time getting there. More importantly, he has batted with a style of attrition rather than having the presence to play at the top level and dominate. Should at least be in the debate, though, which is a huge leap forward already. Good on him, he's been very, very good.

Might be in with a shout of an Aus A match or tour though surely?

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I seriously doubt it. He's scored runs aplenty but has sure taken his time getting there. Has batted with attrition rather than having the presence to play at the top level. Should at least be in the debate, though, which is a huge leap forward already. Good on him, he's been very, very good.

Might be in with a shout of an Aus A match or tour though surely?
Wasn't saying he'd be in this season, but if he keeps up his current form you never know. Definitely think he's jumped way up the pecking order, would have basically just been considered as another knock-about before this season, may have changed that perception, even if it be a little bit.

Top_Cat

Wasn't saying he'd be in this season, but if he keeps up his current form you never know. Definitely think he's jumped way up the pecking order, would have basically just been considered as another knock-about before this season, may have changed that perception, even if it be a little bit.
Was probably even lower than that, really. He's leaped ahead. Love that he's doing the business for SA too!