• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
But neither of those get as big a chance as Anderson - it's not as if Anderson's average suffers from coming in with 5-10 overs to go - he regularly bats top three.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Klinger continuing his fantastic start to the season.

Seriously cannot understand why Tassy have Anderson batting ahead of Bailey/Birt. They're both established players in the team now, should at least make one of them bat 3 imo.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Klinger continuing his fantastic start to the season.

Seriously cannot understand why Tassy have Anderson batting ahead of Bailey/Birt. They're both established players in the team now, should at least make one of them bat 3 imo.
Meh, made my feelings on the matter clear over MSN, but I really like Bailey coming in at 4/5 (no real preference, maybe lean towards four). I don't think Anderson is a bad player either, looks like he could be a pretty crisp sort of batsman to me. Granted he hasn't done much as yet but he's got as much stake on a place as someone like Greg Moller has, in terms of what it looks like he could do that is. It's not like number three is a sacred position in domestic cricket anyway.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anderson is obviously in the top three to get the run rate moving along. He's too much of a four or nothing player for my liking. Needs to learn to hit singles if he wants to have any sort of a career in one day cricket and probably needs to be more patient to play first class.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
TBF to Anderson he averages the same as Bailey and Birt in ODs. He just doesn't look that good as batsmen. Would love to see Dawson get another run in FC ahead of him though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Vic losing wickets too regularly here.

Cam White would have been useful in this situation. Game gone you'd think now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hodge and Crosswaithe on fire!

Vics have dropped from 7.00 to 2.00. I was going to chuck a bit on when they were 7.00 but figured they had no chance.

Regretting it now :(

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Hodge and Crosswaithe on fire!

Vics have dropped from 7.00 to 2.00. I was going to chuck a bit on when they were 7.00 but figured they had no chance.

Regretting it now :(
I've been going at it all day for work, I laid Tasmania at $1.18 for $670 haha.

Too bad Podge is out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've been going at it all day for work, I laid Tasmania at $1.18 for $670 haha.

Too bad Podge is out.
You're safe. ODIs are crazy like that though, I know I've gotten on teams at 1.15-1.20 and put a shed-load and they've come back to give me a fright. Its even more exaggerated in 20/20, but that allows you to get on teams paying $5+ that still have a good shot at winning considering how quickly the game can turn.

Hodge's wicket was crucial.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
You're safe :)
Err no, other way around. It doesn't matter though, I laid Tasmania at $1.18 and then Victoria at $5 which works out to profit on both sides.

I'm not stupid enough to bet on something happening at $1.18.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Klinger continuing his stellar start to the season, I really rate the bloke. I have never seen him play, but read about him once, and put him in my Australian side on Cricket 07 once. Good to see players making changes when they should going well, like O'Brien (I love him, wish he was still with the Blues) and Klinger. Rogers and Johnson though, shouldn't have moved, cause they are getting all the cricket they want. It's stupid for them to move, I don't see a reason for them to to be honest.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Err no, other way around. It doesn't matter though, I laid Tasmania at $1.18 and then Victoria at $5 which works out to profit on both sides.

I'm not stupid enough to bet on something happening at $1.18.
Oh sorry misunderstood. Unfortunately I am sometimes :):(

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Klinger continuing his stellar start to the season, I really rate the bloke. I have never seen him play, but read about him once, and put him in my Australian side on Cricket 07 once. Good to see players making changes when they should going well, like O'Brien (I love him, wish he was still with the Blues) and Klinger. Rogers and Johnson though, shouldn't have moved, cause they are getting all the cricket they want. It's stupid for them to move, I don't see a reason for them to to be honest.
:ph34r: :laugh: