• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
4 Wickets for Cullen against QAS, decent response to being dropped I guess. Would prefer he kept it up for another game or 2 before they consider recalling him though. Ferguson also on another start, fingers crossed, again!
Now he has 6 wickets in the first innings and 4 in the second with 3 wickets still to get..

Very good to see for Cullen, terrible performance by QLD.

howardj

International Coach
Hauritz Watch:

2/60 off 23 (against two of the better domestic players of spin- Hodge and Hussey).

I'll put this out there...he is Australia's best spinner.

Anyone who has watched him in the TV Ford Ranger Cup games would have noted the massive strides he's made. His accuracy and flight and top shelf.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nail-biter at Bellerive, Tas 7/150, 30 to win, Paine still out there having passed 50.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Hauritz Watch:

2/60 off 23 (against two of the better domestic players of spin- Hodge and Hussey).
My calls earlier that he's not as bad as everyone believes and would be a decent punt looking like genius now, itbt.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Inspired spell from ****ley this morning. Looks like Paine will see Tassy home now, just 7 runs to get, well played son :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The obsession with Hauritz on this forum is nearly as dire as he is. I don't mind him getting a game for NSW ocassionally but as much as he's probably Australia's best one day bowler, he's nowhere close in proper cricket.

Nnanden was spot on before - he's good at not getting hit. He bowls a good line and length at a flat trajectory and if you do that enough times you'll occasionally take 2/60 off 30 as he's done a couple of times this season. The way he releases the ball so much out of the side of his hand means he's not going to get any real drop on the ball though and the lack of a complete pivot means he won't drift it that much either, so any time he actually tries to flight it up the length is going to be ridiculously easy to read - basically he's going to get hammered for no return unless he bowls darts.

He's decent in one day cricket because they have to hit said darts, but unless the batsmen get bored he's not going to take First Class wickets. Krejza's career state figures might not be much better but he certainly has a lot more going for him. I'd certainly take McGain, Heal, Casson and Cullen over him as well and I even think Marcus North has more promise as an off spinner - if he took it seriously anyway.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The obsession with Hauritz on this forum is nearly as dire as he is. I don't mind him getting a game for NSW ocassionally but as much as he's probably Australia's best one day bowler, he's nowhere close in proper cricket.

Nnanden was spot on before - he's good at not getting hit. He bowls a good line and length at a flat trajectory and if you do that enough times you'll occasionally take 2/60 off 30 as he's done a couple of times this season. The way he releases the ball so much out of the side of his hand means he's not going to get any real drop on the ball though and the lack of a complete pivot means he won't drift it that much either, so any time he actually tries to flight it up the length is going to be ridiculously easy to read - basically he's going to get hammered for no return unless he bowls darts.

He's decent in one day cricket because they have to hit said darts, but unless the batsmen get bored he's not going to take First Class wickets. Krejza's career state figures might not be much better but he certainly has a lot more going for him. I'd certainly take McGain, Heal, Casson and Cullen over him as well and I even think Marcus North has more promise as an off spinner - if he took it seriously anyway.
Well, considering your obsessional hatred for Symonds and his success, I'll take the above to mean Hauritz will bag a Test Pfeiffer within the next year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well, considering your obsessional hatred for Symonds and his success, I'll take the above to mean Hauritz will bag a Test Pfeiffer within the next year.
To be fair, I don't think I've mentioned his ridiculously bad showings for Queensland this season at all. The old Prince EWS would be in here every day carrying on about how he's finally showing his true colours. :p

Last edited:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FTR, reckon we should have flown North to play, instead of Marsh as cover. Best spinner in FC so far this season

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
FTR, reckon we should have flown North to play, instead of Marsh as cover. Best spinner in FC so far this season
Not only that, his batting has been sensational. Was saying to Stedders yesterday that the shots he can play off-balance are simply amazing, though there is an argument to suggest that it's a dangerous sort of game to flirt with I suppose. Absolutely majestic, I love watching him. Having said that, I'd be half worried if he played for Australia seeing as WA would be without him.