• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2008/09

howardj

International Coach
Well done to Qld. Goes to show that, even if the lads can scratch together moderate 250+ scores, then they put themselves in with a good show. Kudos to Symonds and Perren for their first innings partnership which, in my view, set the game up for us.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done to Qld. Goes to show that, even if the lads can scratch together moderate 250+ scores, then they put themselves in with a good show. Kudos to Symonds and Perren for their first innings partnership which, in my view, set the game up for us.
Definite credit to Broad for his century, and to Carseldine too. They seem like good players.

Is Symonds injured at all? I notice he didn't bowl in the second innings and only three overs in the first.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, SA looking likely to take 1st innings points against Tas. 7/178 in response to 232, all their batsmen out. Even better, a team bowling performance with 2 each for Wise, George and Cleary.

There may be hope yet.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Have NSW got the youngest batting line up in the country? Actually will do the research and edit this post in a bit.

NSW:
Mail 30
Hughes 19
Forrest 22
Khawaja 21
Thornely 30
Henriques 21
Lambert 31
Smith 26

VIC:
Jewell 31
Rogers 31
Hodge 33
Hussey 31
McDonald 27
Quiney 26
Wade 20

SA:
Plant 24
Harris 28
Klinger 28
Khan 30
Ferguson 23
Manou 29
O'Brien 25

TAS:
Anderson 24
Lockyear 25
Birt 26
Bailey 26
Marsh 35
Paine 23
Butterworth 25

QLD:
Broad 26
Moller 25
Perren 33
Symonds 33
Carseldine 32
Hopes 30
Simpson 26
Noffke 31
Hartley 26

WA:
Davis 24
Robinson 27
Pomersbach 24
North 29
Voges 29
Doropolous 23
Ronchi 27

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wow, SA looking likely to take 1st innings points against Tas. 7/178 in response to 232, all their batsmen out. Even better, a team bowling performance with 2 each for Wise, George and Cleary.

There may be hope yet.
Tasmania get first innings points thanks to an unbeaten 66 run 10wicket partnership.

SA would be devo.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
4 Wickets for Cullen against QAS, decent response to being dropped I guess. Would prefer he kept it up for another game or 2 before they consider recalling him though. Ferguson also on another start, fingers crossed, again!

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It must be said, the Tasmanians have quite a good bowling attack. Hilfenhaus, Geeves, Denton are some of the best seamers in domestic cricket, whilst it must be handy to have your backup taking 6-fers (MacDonald) and then add Butterworth, who is a handy allrounder, they shouldn't struggle to take wickets.

SA on the other hand, can anyone in their batting lineup other than Klinger make more than 30-50?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tassie, chasing 190-odd for the outright, 5/71 just after tea. Peter George in his first state game has 6 for the match so far (2 in the second dig so far). Mark Cleary has also bowled well, Shaun Tait has been unlucky. Can envisage he'll get some yorkers on target and wrap up the tail quickly this time.....

Dare SA fans dream?! Been a day for dreaming...... If they lose from here, I blame Obama.

EDIT: 6/76. Wow.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tassie, chasing 190-odd for the outright, 5/71 just after tea. Peter George in his first state game has 6 for the match so far (2 in the second dig so far). Mark Cleary has also bowled well, Shaun Tait has been unlucky. Can envisage he'll get some yorkers on target and wrap up the tail quickly this time.....

Dare SA fans dream?! Been a day for dreaming...... If they lose from here, I blame Obama.

EDIT: 6/76. Wow.
Even with Tait in the attack, SA should be safe.