• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
He'll be back for the next series for sure, the way Ponting is bowling Watson into the ground.
:huh: he bowled 5 overs in the second innings. He's in the team as an allrounder. If he can't bowl at least ten overs in a day's play, he has no business being in the team.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
:huh: he bowled 5 overs in the second innings. He's in the team as an allrounder. If he can't bowl at least ten overs in a day's play, he has no business being in the team.
No, I know :) Was more wondering why he'd bowled 24 overs in the first innings when Lee had bowled 24, Johnson 27 and Siddle 28. It was really in my head because the commentators were talking this morning that Clarke shouldn't bowl too much as he may get injured or it may affect his batting.

To be fair... Watson looks to have coped well with the workload, considering he hasn't bowled this many overs since about January.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No, I know :) Was more wondering why he'd bowled 24 overs in the first innings when Lee had bowled 24, Johnson 27 and Siddle 28. It was really in my head because the commentators were talking this morning that Clarke shouldn't bowl too much as he may get injured or it may affect his batting.

To be fair... Watson looks to have coped well with the workload, considering he hasn't bowled this many overs since about January.
Yeah and Hussey just showed how tough it is combining batting and bowling. :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah and Hussey just showed how tough it is combining batting and bowling. :)
Watson giving an indication that he could be a serviceable number 6 AND a decent enough bowler to bowl quite a few overs when the front liners are tiring or not having any luck is the one shining light for Australia so far this match.

pup11

International Coach

That's because Clarke has a badly constructed back, and too much bowling could lead into back problems, like the one he suffered from during the Old Trafford test during the Ashes 05 series.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
That's because Clarke has badly constructed back, and too much bowling could lead into back problems, like the one he suffered from during the Old Trafford test during the Ashes 05 series.
I know... and hence what led me to thinking about Watson. Just a comment, wasn't meant to be a big deal tbh.

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
MSD = midas singh dhoni indeed this guy is really smart gotta give it too him this is truly all cuz of dhoni imo kumble got too predictable in his bowling attack. well done india. must not forget its not over yet. im scared to say anything cuz clarke and haddin seem to be on a roll :(

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Genius call from Haddin, keeping the strike off Clarke for the last over.

It's almost certain to be futile, but this partnership has been very ballsy and puts the performance of the other batsmen into perspective. I don't mind Hayden's dismissal, the chances of him mistiming a sweep are generally pretty miniscule so it's hard to put it down to undue risk-taking. Katich, IMO, was the worst dismissal of the day by a distance.

biased indian

International Coach
These two looking very decent out there. Need to try something to change things up here.
C'mon man do you seriously think these two would last the 100 odd overs.
there was a game aganist pakistan rite..where akmal and Razzaq batted whloe day to save the game

these two have now batted almost 30 overs ...we have to get one early in the morning common ishant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Long batting lineup too. But can't see it happening, not against this attack. Sharma, Mishra and Harbajahan all look like they could bowl a complete jaffa at any time.