• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Afghanistan, Hong Kong & Italy win on Day 2:

Current Standings:
1) Afghanistan
2) Hong Kong
3) Italy
4) Tanzania
5) Jersey
6) Fiji

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Ha Ha Afghanistan won once again cause of their bowling. Looks like really strong bowling line up which is able to defend smaller target but if they can get their batting right, I don't see a reason y they cant qualify for 2009 WCQ.

Pepsi WCL - Global Div 4 - Current Standings:
1) Hong Kong
2) Afghanistan
3) Italy
4) Tanzania
5) Jersey
6) Fiji

Afghanistan V Italy match now looks like a semi final.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Wat a match between Afghanistan & Hong Kong! Big boys here comes Afghanistan.

Pepsi WCL - Global Div 4 - Day 5 Standings:
1) Afghanistan
2) Hong Kong

3) Italy
4) Jersey

5) Tanzania
6) Fiji

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Hurray Afghanistan Qualify to Div 3 by defeating Italy today by 93 Runs. Than means even Hong Kong Qualifies...

So 2009 WCL - Div 3 will be:

1) Uganda
2) Argentina
3) Papua New Guinea
4) Cayman Islands
5) Afghanistan
6) Hong Kong

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Ireland reach 252/3 on day 1.

What do you think of the selection of Seren Waters? Personally I believe it strengthens the batting.

I assume this will be the batting order

S.Waters
A.Obanda
R.Patel
S.Tikolo
M.Ouma
K.Obuya
T.Odoyo
J.Kamande
H.Varaiya
P.Ongondo
L.Onyango.

Personally, i'd put K.Obuya in to open with Waters, drop Obanda to 3 and Patel to 6. Ideally get Mishra or C.Obuya back in the squad at 6. Is C.Obuya out due to knee injury still?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
What do you think of the selection of Seren Waters? Personally I believe it strengthens the batting.

I assume this will be the batting order

S.Waters
A.Obanda
R.Patel
S.Tikolo
M.Ouma
K.Obuya
T.Odoyo
J.Kamande
H.Varaiya
P.Ongondo
L.Onyango.

Personally, i'd put K.Obuya in to open with Waters, drop Obanda to 3 and Patel to 6. Ideally get Mishra or C.Obuya back in the squad at 6. Is C.Obuya out due to knee injury still?

He's a talented batsman and all that but I think he is still quite green to be thrown straight into the International scene (maybe Tikolo is going all Laraesque picking XIs on instinct). I expect Obanda will continue to open with Patel, Ouma, Tikolo and Waters in the middle order and Odoyo at 7. I am also surprised that Aga did not get re-selected given that the County season is over and he can bowl well as well as give a few lower order runs.

alvarez

First Class Debutant
He's a talented batsman and all that but I think he is still quite green to be thrown straight into the International scene (maybe Tikolo is going all Laraesque picking XIs on instinct). I expect Obanda will continue to open with Patel, Ouma, Tikolo and Waters in the middle order and Odoyo at 7. I am also surprised that Aga did not get re-selected given that the County season is over and he can bowl well as well as give a few lower order runs.
I was of the assumption that Waters is an opening batsmen?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Well just checked cricinfo and he is!:laugh:

Maybe it will allow Obanda to play at 3 and Patel at 6

alvarez

First Class Debutant
Well just checked cricinfo and he is!:laugh:

Maybe it will allow Obanda to play at 3 and Patel at 6

But will Obuya definitely be opening? For some reason Im thinking Waters and Obanda will open together. Pretty young opening combination if so.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It is strange that. Kennedy Obuya has generally always played as an opener especially more so when he is not the first choice wicket-keeper. Though and Obanda-Waters opening pair is plausible