• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

ret

International Debutant
What are India's options for the rest of the series in terms of playing an extra bowler?

The 4 they've got are quality, no doubt. But I think yesterday showed the problem of having only 2 quicks if you're fielding first. Maybe Pathan to bat 7 and add something with the ball? Problem of course with that is it means dropping one of the batsmen to do it.

Be interested to hear the thoughts of Indian supporters on that one.
I have aired my thoughts on this already, below is the recap

link

I m not too enthusiastic on suggesting an 11 for India but I guess something like the one below would make sense:

I will start with the bowling, the four best bowlers from those in the squad for the Ist two tests, IMO, are
- Zak
- Ishant
- Bhajji
- Mishra / Munaf [depending up on the pitch .... or play both if Kumble wasn't playing]

since Kumble is the captain, we have to accommodate him so he comes in .... Dhoni is the WK .... the openers are Sehwag and Gambhir

that leaves India with 3 more spots to select from: Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly and Badrinath

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I thought India may have done well to play Mishra here. An orthodox wrist spinner would have been slightly more handy on a good batting track.

pup11

International Coach
First session is really crucial for both the teams, the pitch obviously showed big signs of unvariable bounce and as the game progresses its only gonna get worse, the Aussie batsmen would be up against the new ball this morning and the bowlers would be fresh too, so its going to be a really tough first hour for them to negate.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Hussey
Watson
Haddin
White

4 guys that have the ability to hold a bat. Will be interesting to see Watson's approach, especially against Harbhajan. This is the scenario that he will mostly be coming in, when hes playing for Australia. With those guys in the dressing room ready to come in, he should play freely and really take it to them today. C'mon Watto!

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Hussey
Watson
Haddin
White

4 guys that have the ability to hold a bat. Will be interesting to see Watson's approach, especially against Harbhajan. This is the scenario that he will mostly be coming in, when hes playing for Australia. With those guys in the dressing room ready to come in, he should play freely and really take it to them today. C'mon Watto!
IMO the rest of Australia's batting lineup all have the ability to hold the bat. Lees got a solid technique, Johnson can hit some big shots, and Clark is certainly better than a number 11. Just look at the practice match. Could be a number 8 in some other test playing countries.