• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pasag

RTDAS
Heh, only a matter of tim.

One request which I'll make in vain. Can we please keep the tour thread to actually talk about the cricketing side of things and as a bitching free zone? I know I got involved a lot in the last one but I'd like to enjoy this series on here a lot more than I did the last one.
Hear hear, just want to enjoy and talk about the actual cricket. Similar to your comment about Ganguly retiring as well, just don't want any of these things overshadowing what's really important the series (in fact one of the things I hated about the end of the Ashes in 06/07 is how much it got hijacked by the retirement circus, still annoys me).

bryce

International Regular
Welcome rooey.

I hate the 4th option, I mean Haddin at 8 and White at 9 is a joke.
I had mentioned the 1st option earlier on and I like that one alot. Ganguly has been in horrible form, he's destined to fail. I want to find some odds on Warne making a Test comeback and put some money on it, encouraging comments. If Australia manage to lose the first Test, one would think Ponting will put that phone to use.

rooey123

Banned
well good news for the aussies in knowing that the bangalore pitch is not a huge turner and theres something in it for the quicks.

Craig

World Traveller
Don't agree at all.
Well I thought it was about performing in all conditions, including the challenging like India, which he has struggled thus far. For mine he will go down as 'Very Good' not ' Great'. That said I'm not saying he is a hack and I fully expect him to turn it around this time.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Ponting has finally gone for some serious pre-match baiting... at last. Game on!

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/372952.html

"There's speculation about whether Ganguly should be in the team in the first place. He probably feels a little bit lucky that he was included..."

"If we can make their fielding look as bad as it is by some good running between wickets and good hustling and good pressure..."
What a gem of a comment is it? Ponting is GUN!

pasag

RTDAS
Well I thought it was about performing in all conditions, including the challenging like India, which he has struggled thus far. For mine he will go down as 'Very Good' not ' Great'. That said I'm not saying he is a hack and I fully expect him to turn it around this time.
Well I would put it down more to just being Harbi's bunny really. Anyways look at Sobers, widely considered one of the greatest batsmen ever yet has a similarly horrible record in NZ. Don't get me wrong, don't have any issue with saying SRT, Brian Lara, Chappell > Ponting, but he's in the same bracket, surely.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Well I would put it down more to just being Harbi's bunny really. Anyways look at Sobers, widely considered one of the greatest batsmen ever yet has a similarly horrible record in NZ. Don't get me wrong, don't have any issue with saying SRT, Brian Lara, Chappell > Ponting, but he's in the same bracket, surely.
Although his problems in India have been overstated. Being Harbhajan's bunny isn't the main issue, its his ability to tackle top-quality spinners consistently in helpul conditions (there own back-yard) & outside SRI 99 he really hasn't done that.

He has no doubt improved since the horrow show of 01, but not being dominant in this series, will leave the kind of mark on his glittering resume which means he can't be up there with SRT, Lara, Richards, Chappell, Sobers, Gavaskar etc, since they didn't have no clear achilles heel againts any type of bowling in any condition.

On the Sobers record, well none of us saw him play the Kiwis then. But reading & looking at that record i'd put that purely down to coincidence & a probable lack of competitive drive by the great man againts an average Kiwi side at the time.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
i live only 5 hours away.....i am ready to be the bowler..do bring all your equipments to face the fastest bowler india never had playing for them :cool:
Deal.. :)

Let me juz try and get a pair of those shoes that SS showed..

I advise you to get a similar pair too, and make sure you follow through the whole length of the pitch.. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
From what i can see there is a hint of complacency among most of the Indian players about this Australian team (even if they are denying the fact), and that is what's making them come up with statements like this, as they don't see the Australians beating them this time, but statements like these hardly ruffle the Aussies, it would only fire them up to do even better.
I am not sure if it was such a careless statement. Sehwag can hoodwink a lot of people to thinking that he doesn't think about the game much, but trust me, he is a pretty good thinker of the game and I am sure he won't have just come up with such a statement, esp. with just days to go before the test. Get the feeling this is bit of a tactical salvo thrown at the Aussies.. We will wait and see whether it works as expected or goes the opposite way, though...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I still LOL at the curry munchers claiming not walking is not in the spirit of the game. What a ****, that's what umpires are paid for.
Not willing to take the bait, but mate, if you want to be taken seriously around here, cut out the insults towards a whole population...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Not willing to take the bait, but mate, if you want to be taken seriously around here, cut out the insults towards a whole population...
And looking at Ponting's comments, I get the feeling the Sehwag bait has indeed been taken up.. Now it just remains to be seen whether it works for or against us... It is a double edged sword, this sledging before series thing... Fired up Sachin before the last series, the fired up Lara a number of times.. Now they are at the receiving end of this.. I have this bad feeling that we may have just gee'd up Ponting and he is going to have a great series.. :(

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
And looking at Ponting's comments, I get the feeling the Sehwag bait has indeed been taken up.. Now it just remains to be seen whether it works for or against us... It is a double edged sword, this sledging before series thing... Fired up Sachin before the last series, the fired up Lara a number of times.. Now they are at the receiving end of this.. I have this bad feeling that we may have just gee'd up Ponting and he is going to have a great series.. :(
Yes Sehwag is the reason Ponting is going to have a good series. :laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a fan of the concept, if you take 405 wickets at 20.99 you deserve to be considered great even if your bowling averaged 38 against India. There aren't many bowlers this side of 1990 as deserving of the title "great" as Curtly Ambrose.