• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I still LOL at the curry munchers claiming not walking is not in the spirit of the game. What a ****, that's what umpires are paid for.
Not appropriate for the forum Julian. Seems like a bait as well really which isn't acceptable. Watch what you say.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Come on. Warne would walk back into the side if he was weighing in at 120 kgs.
Not about fitness, per se, but match fitness. Hasn't bowled a ball in a FC match in I dunno how long. Even Warnie couldn't just jump back into 5-day cricket and land the ball consistently without a lot of prep. His work ethic as far as bowling is concerned was the one thing which saved him, in fact, even when he wasn't aerobically that fit. Without overs under his belt, in a Test, he'd be dogmeat.

Julian87

State Captain
I disagree. He'd struggle in India, but he'd still rape everyone else in world cricket like he never put his pants back on in the first place.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Y'know, the real idiocy of this stuff Sehwag is saying is that when Clarke's catch off Ganguly was taken, India were 200-odd runs away from winning the match and about half-way through the last session so the claimed catch only affected whether they were going to draw or lose because they were out of the equation as far as a win goes. And no matter your stance on walking, nothing Andy Symonds did broke or even bent any laws. Aside from all that, he manages to paper over the fact India, on a perfectly good deck, managed to lose 7 wickets in a session, three of them in the last over to a part-timer.

Love Sehwag and his batting but saying this doesn't even make him look bitter - he just looks stupid.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Ricky Ponting - This name was discussed a lot in Indian Television Media with lot of commentators telling that he may not be that good in India. Nilesh Kulkarni was telling on Neo Cricket that ponting may not be a big factor in this series. I really want to hit them when they say that...

Ponting, even though his past records are bad in India, he should not be written off like that. He will definetly be the lynchpin of Australian batting in this series. IMO, he is gonna be the mainstay. He read whats written in the media and he will come strong on Indians like the way Hayden blasted Indians in 2001.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
He would have allready rectified it, if he had not been injured for the most of the last series. He'll be aight, don't worry.

rooey123

Banned
i never really liked sehwag anyway. He can talk all he wants. frankly some of the indian players attitudes are mindnumbing to say the least. being a good judge of character as iam theres only a few indian players i respect, that being Tendulkar, Dravid and Dhoni, the rest have serious attitude and ego problems. you can see the humbleness in those 3 and it doesnt take an idiot to figure out that they dont spend their time bitching and moaning. he's thrashing andrew symonds for not walking? the last time i remember there wasnt a rule that says you have to walk. as if he hasnt been out before and not walked like 95% of the batsman do and have done since, i dont know, forever?!!
as for the claiming of catches that wernt taken properly. in all honesty as a player myself it can be very hard to know sometimes and i honestly believe that it was a honest mistake on clarke's part, and no iam not being biased im just looking at the facts. think about it reasonably for a minute without blindly supporting one side or the other and you know the sydney test was blown out of porpotion. and i saw nothing wrong with pontings catch and even the commentators felt that it was a clean. im not gonna explain why cause if you look for yourself with a non biased view it was fair. james hopes brother who works at birsbane grammar school told me that the some of the indians have a reputation around the international scene for bitching and moaning when things dont go right for them instead of standing up and fighting.
i was travelling around the world with my family and when i was in india during the CB series there were footages shown on all channels as breaking news showing clips of the aussies "supposedly" making fun of indian players and were absolutely being thrashed by the indian media and viewers but the sad fact was the footage was of hayden,symonds and clarke making fun of eachother and their own players and it was a match against sri lanka for god sakes and they pretended it was the aussies making fun of the indians.
heres a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xpQ83RQ0yY
they showed the above video and said the aussies were making fun of the indians.
come on thats just sad. its one thing to be passionate but another thing to be decieving and maybe the indian fans and some of the players should know facts before they blindly say or do things without knowing the truth. and no the aussies wernt completely innocent either but the indian team and people took things too far.