• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heh, only a matter of tim.

One request which I'll make in vain. Can we please keep the tour thread to actually talk about the cricketing side of things and as a bitching free zone? I know I got involved a lot in the last one but I'd like to enjoy this series on here a lot more than I did the last one.
No

:ph34r:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, let it go Warnie.

Prefereably with big revs, a bit of drift and a whole heap of turn.
Sounds like Warnie circa 1995. Definitely not now. Only bowler I've seen who still got wickets in his later career with several variations on the ball which does absolutely nothing.

Assuming he's serious, it's a dodgy call. Should never trust Warne when he says stuff like "Fit as I've ever been." If he got picked now, he'd get pumelled I'd hazard. Pointless to talk about, though, because it won't happen.

pup11

International Coach
I can't let him go though.

Much love to the great Royal.
You would have better served posting this in the Road to Ashes thread, but nonetheless Warne' claim that Australia could white-wash England again in the Ashes in might sound a bit OTT, but imo if England doesn't get practical with where they stand atm and sort out their team before the Ashes they can very well get white-washed all over again.

Just one test win in a dead rubber against South Africa and KP and his boys are already thinking about them beating Australia in the upcoming Ashes series, i mean c'mon give me a break they first need to start winning some games consistently against other opponents and get a winning habit going leading upto the Ashes, like they did before the Ashes 05, because no matter what people might think the Aussie team is on a decline and everything, but they still have good enough depth to beat the current English side and beat them well, the only teams that can give seriously challenge Australia atm are India and South Africa.

biased indian

International Coach
Any early word on the pitch?
I generally don't like Bangalore pitches, but I'd rather lose than have a rain affected draw. This series is usually too good for that type of thing to happen.
Runs and spin promised :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bangalore: The pitch at the Chinnaswamy Stadium here, the venue for the first Test between India and Australia, promises runs and some spin.
“It is a hard and very dry wicket. It is very dry on top and there is some moisture underneath. After the Indian Premier League matches, we haven’t used this pitch and the last time it was used for five days was when Pakistan played here in December 2007,” said curator Narayan Raju.
The pitch is expected to enhance the role of the spinners after the third day and the word ‘crumble’ is also doing the rounds.
With Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh in its ranks, the Indian team is primed to deliver provided the batsmen provide the needed cushion of runs and pile up the pressure on Ricky Ponting’s men.
India has played 17 Tests here ever since M.A.K. Pataudi and Clive Lloyd strode out for the toss on November 22, 1974. And the results have largely favoured the visiting team as India gained four victories and suffered six losses.
India last won a Test here in 1995 defeating New Zealand by eight wickets and the link between that team and the current one is the presence of Anil Kumble and Sachin Tendulkar

Source The Hindu

pup11

International Coach
indeed. We will see how this strategy works.. whether it gets them distracted or whether it just fires them up even more...
From what i can see there is a hint of complacency among most of the Indian players about this Australian team (even if they are denying the fact), and that is what's making them come up with statements like this, as they don't see the Australians beating them this time, but statements like these hardly ruffle the Aussies, it would only fire them up to do even better.

biased indian

International Coach
I only live abt 7 hours away, by road.. I m willing to have a few knocks in the middle there.. If only I can find some bowlers to bowl at me... :p
i live only 5 hours away.....i am ready to be the bowler..do bring all your equipments to face the fastest bowler india never had playing for them :cool:

biased indian

International Coach
From what i can see there is a hint of complacency among most of the Indian players about this Australian team (even if they are denying the fact), and that is what's making them come up with statements like this, as they don't see the Australians beating them this time, but statements like these hardly ruffle the Aussies, it would only fire them up to do even better.
but how many are doing it..other than sehwag..did any one make any comments ???

Julian87

State Captain
I still LOL at the curry munchers claiming not walking is not in the spirit of the game. What a ****, that's what umpires are paid for.

pup11

International Coach
Sounds like Warnie circa 1995. Definitely not now. Only bowler I've seen who still got wickets in his later career with several variations on the ball which does absolutely nothing.

Assuming he's serious, it's a dodgy call. Should never trust Warne when he says stuff like "Fit as I've ever been." If he got picked now, he'd get pumelled I'd hazard. Pointless to talk about, though, because it won't happen.
I think its pretty clear Warne wants to make a comeback, so why can't he just except this, such high and mighty approach ain't gonna get him back into the Aussie side, as i doubt Ricky or the Aussie selectors would be sending S.O.S calls to him to make a comeback.

So if he wishes to play test cricket again for Australia, then he better drag his arse down to Melbourne and start playing some FC games for Victoria.