• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As terrible as it may sound given how poor Whites bowling is, would almost rather see him play ahead of Krezja in that he can at least offer something with the Bat and in the field when his Bowling is shown to be useless 8|

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
As terrible as it may sound given how poor Whites bowling is, would almost rather see him play ahead of Krezja in that he can at least offer something with the Bat and in the field when his Bowling is shown to be useless 8|
That means Haddin gets wasted at eight, though.

Oh well, at least I beat Jakester for his avatar. Ever cloud has a silver lining (however small).

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Good to see Ponting get some more runs under his belt (y)

Not sure about a bowling attack, 4 seamers seems the best option, but as this match has shown, there is no way we can see Clarke as a genuine spinning option (same goes for Krezja as well). As poor a record as opposing spinners have on Indian soil, it still partially worries me to not have one in the team. If only White could remember how to bowl...

EDIT: Haha, geez what a surprise, Mike suggesting White and Siddle ahead of Watson & Bollinger/Johnson. No way known should Siddle be played ahead of Johnson or Bollinger.
The only reason i suggested Siddle playing was that if he played in this tour match i would suspect he is higher in the pecking order than Bollinger... Wpould never play him ahead of Johnno...

Last edited:

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
I know White doesn't even bowl himself much for Victoria, but is he capable of holding up and end, and ginving away less then 3 runs an over?
That is what we need now I think, because we obviously do not have a decent enough spinner to actually have a chance of taking a bag and putting the Indians on the back foot.
The heat will play a factor, fielders will not be at their best, fast bowlers will be tired. Thats when we need a spinner to hold an end while a part timer has a go from the other (while Lee rests).

Polo23

International Debutant
Why Siddle over Bollinger? It perplexes me how anyone could suggest it.
I just would have thought the Australian selectors would have gone with Bollinger in the game against the BP XI if he was ahead of Siddle in the pecking order.

Since Siddle bowled pretty well in the game I think he will be picked ahead of Bollinger.

pup11

International Coach
Means we're probably going in with:

Lee
Johnson
Krejza
Clark

Haha, had already decided to not watch as much of this series as possible because of exams, so I guess this will help.
I don't think he would play, Ponting has already called White an "all-rounder" :wacko:, so he would probably get a nod ahead of Krejza.

pasag

RTDAS
I just would have thought the Australian selectors would have gone with Bollinger in the game against the BP XI if he was ahead of Siddle in the pecking order.

Since Siddle bowled pretty well in the game I think he will be picked ahead of Bollinger.
Nah, much more likely they wanted to get some overs under Siddle's belt in case he would be required later in the tour.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The heat will play a factor, fielders will not be at their best, fast bowlers will be tired. Thats when we need a spinner to hold an end while a part timer has a go from the other (while Lee rests).
Read this and immediately thought 'Bracken'.

White isn't the type of bowler to keep an end tight. Look at his ODI figures.

pup11

International Coach
I am quite surprised that Katich hasn't bowled a single over in the practice games, though his chinamen aren't gonna win too many games but he can be handy nonetheless, so i would have thought Punter would have used him for a few overs just to see how things go.