• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Polo23

International Debutant
Speaking of selectorial policies..not exactly kiwis' cup of tea is it?I mean its not like your country is so full of Wasims and Waqars,is it?Those who live in a glass house shouldn't be throwing stones at others.
How is it anywhere near the same? We have always chose the best candidates we had to choose from.

I hardly think Gony was the best choice for India, or this current XI...especially when India have an uncountable number of top class cricketers.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
I think it would be best if Australia don't follow-on.If Aus avoid follow-on or incase they can't BP XI don't enforce it then i'm sure India will gain from it provided BP XI bat for time as long as possible and ensure that none of these aussie batsmen turn out in the right state of mind for the first state(except Hussey that is).I'm sure thats just what India needs.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
How is it anywhere near the same? We have always chose the best candidates we had to choose from.

I hardly think Gony was the best choice for India, or this current XI...especially when India have an uncountable number of top class cricketers.
I think you will find that nobody will rate Gony that highly,as i said earlier,he is our 9th choce seamer at best.I think originally Sreesanth was supposed to take part in this match,but couldn't because of injury.

Polo23

International Debutant
I think you will find that nobody will rate Gony that highly,as i said earlier,he is our 9th choce seamer at best.I think originally Sreesanth was supposed to take part in this match,but couldn't because of injury.
Well someone rated him highly enough to pick him for the ODI team..

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
^ no he looked pretty ordinary and has always in the subcontinent.
Always has 'ey? Wow, I mean, it's like he's played endless amounts of cricket in the subcontinent. Bowled a total of about 40 overs with the read before this match started, such a vast sample to judge him on.

duffer

Gony's List A record was quite good before being selected. He has a lot of potential which you can see by watching him bowl but he needs a lot of work.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Always has 'ey? Wow, I mean, it's like he's played endless amounts of cricket in the subcontinent. Bowled a total of about 40 overs with the read before this match started, such a vast sample to judge him on.
Even in this match he looked very ordinary(despite getting those wickets).and why can't 40 overs tell thingsabouta bowler.Clark is primarily a seam bowler...take that away,he is harmless.You don't wantto believe me?fine..wait for the series to begin.

Polo23

International Debutant
Clark is a quality bowler. Though, if he were to struggle somewhere it would definitely be India, and especially on the type of pitches the Indians will likely produce this time around.

He is quality though and will likely still be a handful.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Gony's List A record was quite good before being selected. He has a lot of potential which you can see by watching him bowl but he needs a lot of work.
No mate..i don't think he is that effective especially with those kind of speeds.Granted we aren't WI of the 80's but i think we have fair bit of bowlers who are significantly better and younger.Anyway,hope he can improve because he has the physique required.But i think it may be a bit too late actually.

Johnners

Even in this match he looked very ordinary(despite getting those wickets).and why can't 40 overs tell thingsabouta bowler.Clark is primarily a seam bowler...take that away,he is harmless.You don't wantto believe me?fine..wait for the series to begin.
The 40 odd overs that Clark has bowled in one-off matches (for him) against Pakistan in '04 and Bangladesh in '06 (iirc) give us basically no indication as to how he'll bowl in India. Adding to that, it's his first match in what, 3 months, I'm sure most players would be a little rusty after such a break. It's not a case of me not believing you about Clark looking ordinary, the guy's a class bowler, and to write him off after he's bowled a total of 18 overs in India, is just absurd.

social

He's hardly bowled in months and was well down on pace in this game

In many respects, he's like McGrath and needs work to be at his best

I wouldnt expect him to do any worse here than he did vs India in Australia

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Infact,i'll go on to say that if it weren't for Krjza,Clark would have been the worst bowler for Aus in this match and by quite a large margin actually.Despite the stats..

Lambu

U19 Debutant
He's hardly bowled in months and was well down on pace in this game

In many respects, he's like McGrath and needs work to be at his best

I wouldnt expect him to do any worse here than he did vs India in Australia
He did exceptionally well in Aus and always had,tbh.But i don't agree with your suggestion that he was down on pace..he was in the mid 130's,always has been.Its true that he might have slowed down to 115kph when Haddin came up to the stumps though..can't blame him for that.

Johnners

Infact,i'll go on to say that if it weren't for Krjza,Clark would have been the worst bowler for Aus in this match and by quite a large margin actually.Despite the stats..
Nobody is saying he was a star with the ball in the first innings, and nobody is disagreeing with you that he looked ordinary on Thursday & Friday. However, you can write him off after just 18 overs at your own peril.

duffer

No mate..i don't think he is that effective especially with those kind of speeds.Granted we aren't WI of the 80's but i think we have fair bit of bowlers who are significantly better and younger.Anyway,hope he can improve because he has the physique required.But i think it may be a bit too late actually.
By potential I meant he has the physique, basic action and bowls the right natural lengths to be a good bowler. Whether he can be merely a very good domestic bowler or a good international bowler remains to be seen. Depends on how he develops mentally for mine. Even in the IPL, his decision making at crucial times of the innings left a lot to be desired. That weakness will only be extrapolated when playing longer formats.

tooextracool

International Coach
Having watched the highlights, I dont think he bowled as poorly as some people made it out to be. He was more wayward rather than unthreatening from what I saw. However, as I mentioned earlier, its easy to see that thus far in his career he has overachieved and his record is only going to move closer to his mean ability (which will be closer to his FC average)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Has taking one last wicket suddenly become so tough? The Board XI bowlers seem to have given up, and that also includes the in-form spinners.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indian bowlers should learn from Stuart Clark and put a price tag on their wickets. He's batted very well from his position and provided valuable support to Hussey, and played with a straight bat facing the spinners, and also took the singles on offer. If they bat like that, they'll get a lot more runs out of their lower order.

social

And Badrinath has been the worst batsman from either side - what conclusion can we drwa from that? :laugh: