• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indian reserves have let Australia save the follow on. Disappointing. Then again, we find that they are missing a fifth bowler again. While Gony hasn't bowled too well, the others have bowled well initially, but were overbowled and ran out of steam. Compare that with Krezja (who was expected to make the first XI) being off-colour, and the Australians had Siddle to fall back on. The Indians have nobody.

Yuvraj's field placings are also laughable. He's given away countless easy singles and kept few fielders in catching positions. Not surprisingly, the last wicket yielded a huge partnership. Not much can be done now, so let's just hope we see chunky 50+ partnerships from an Indian lower order.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Clark is doing a great job here! No follow on, and a decent total now. I am only going by the live scores, but he seems to be holding up an end well. I'm hoping he gets a half century, it would be great if he pushed on and actually got a ton! Hussey would get to 200 by that time, and we would be near the Indians. Heres hoping!

EDIT: Clark gone for 44, great innings. Once again it is Hussey to the rescue. What a legend.

Last edited:
He's high quality and about the least of Australia's worries
Maybe so...but he hasn't yet bowled in a variety of different conditions.
He looked distinctly unpenetrative at Adelaide v India earlier this year and I'd be interested in how he goes in India.

I think first class numbers provide a fair gauge of the ability of a player and Clark's bowling avg is only 27.

Having watched the highlights, I dont think he bowled as poorly as some people made it out to be. He was more wayward rather than unthreatening from what I saw. However, as I mentioned earlier, its easy to see that thus far in his career he has overachieved and his record is only going to move closer to his mean ability (which will be closer to his FC average)

Precisely the point I raised. Is Clark really good enough for a test bowling avg of 21....that's McGrath, AMbrose standard.

masterblaster

International Captain
Badrinath is due for a big score. A good knock here would give the Indian selectors plenty to think about when naming their starting lineup.

Woodster

International Captain
Apart from the bit about Watson (you hater! :p) I completely agree. Top post :)
:laugh: Thanks Clapo, but I'm not a Watson hater, honest. My views on him are not set in stone, like I say, with him only having played in 3 Tests, and me not being able to watch him in any Pura Cup action, I cannot hold a strong enough opinion on him yet just based on his ODI performances. If he plays a full series here, I will have a much better idea of his capabilities. What I have seen so far are relatively early conclusions, but he may well prove me wrong. Must admit, when I have watched him recently his technique when batting look pretty solid.

masterblaster

International Captain

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
TBH White is as likely to take a wicket as Krejza, Casson etc anyway. It strengthens the batting alot which could be handy.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Badrinath THROWS his wicket away to a wide, short delivery. What a joke. He keeps falling at the final hurdle.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Badri = Mark Ramprakash.

Perhaps all those year of non-selection haven't been without reason?

pasag

RTDAS
Going just by scorecards but Badri's form in the past few months including one-dayers hasn't been great, so a bit of an unlucky time to be going through a lean patch.

Jakester1288

International Regular
I think that is White is guaranteed a spot in the side, we will run with something like this:

1. Katich - I do prefer Jaques, but I doubt they will pick him
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Watson
7. Haddin/White
8. White/Haddin
9. Lee
10. Johnson
11. Clark

Lee, Clark and Johnson are going to have to bowl a lot of overs, and White, Katich, Watson, Clarke etc are going to have to bowl a lot more overs than we would like. I would personally prefer Katich to 6, Jaques opening and running with 4 seamers, but with Katich winning the battle, according to Nielsen, we will name Watson, Haddin and White all in the side, batting from 6 to 8, however I am not sure in which order.