• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
1982-1983 Australia v England - 2nd Test
Brisbane Cricket Ground (26/11/1982)

England (1st Innings)
  1. C J Tavare c Hughes b Lawson
  2. G Fowler c Yardley b Lawson
  3. D I Gower c Wessels b Lawson
  4. A J Lamb c Marsh b Lawson
  5. I T Botham c Rackeman b Yardley
  6. D W Randall c Lawson b Rackeman
  7. G Miller c Marsh b Lawson
  8. R W Taylor (k) c Lawson b Rackeman
  9. E E Hemmings not out
  10. R G D Willis (c) c Thomson b Yardley
  11. N G Cowans c Marsh b Lawson

England (2nd Innings)

1. C J Tavare c Marsh b Lawson
  2. G Fowler c Marsh b Thomson
  3. D I Gower c Marsh b Thomson
  4. A J Lamb c Wessels b Thomson
  5. D W Randall c Yardley b Thomson
  6. I T Botham c Marsh b Thomson
  7. G Miller c Marsh b Lawson
  8. R W Taylor (k) c Hookes b Lawson
  9. E E Hemmings b Lawson
  10. R G D Willis (c) not out
  11. N G Cowans c Marsh b Lawson

stumpski

International Captain
We've already established this wasn't in the 82-83 Ashes.

Doubtless they are connected in other ways, the match I have in mind wasn't against England though.

Or in Australia.

stumpski

International Captain
Well this one seems to be floundering, so a major clue is needed - it happened on the tour immediately prior to that Ashes series. And the order of the three players is significant. :)

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blimey! - I had been looking at the scorecard of the test match when it looked like Tahir Naqqash removed them in a hat trick but clearly you mean Jalaluddin in the ODI and looking at the records whatever it may look like on the face of things Tahir's effort clearly wasn't a hat trick

fredfertang

Whose first test innings against England ended with his being run out without facing a ball and off a no ball as well?

Last edited:

fredfertang

Pulling bits of trivia from the depths of my memory without checking them is not something I will do again - I have edited the original question which will answer Mr Z's point and I can't be certain the not facing a ball part is correct - although that remains my understanding

Last edited:

fredfertang

He is a West Indian - as for Roach neither Wisden for 1929 or his obituary in the 1989 edition nor Beckle's book on the 1928 tour mention whether he was run out as non-striker from a no ball but if he was he's not who I had in mind