• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

pup11

International Coach
Every bowler has picked wickets excpet Johnson, which is not a good sign at all, but good stuff from all the other Aussies bowlers.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
PHP:

`Bowling O M R W Econ
B Lee 9 3 17 2 1.88 (1nb)
SR Clark 9 2 23 1 2.55
MG Johnson 8 1 21 0 2.62 (4nb)
PM Siddle 6 3 7 1 1.16
JJ Krejza 6 0 12 2 2.00
DE Bollinger 4 3 1 1 0.25
Very interesting set of figures.

obviously Johnson looks the most concerning, bowling too many no balls and getting no wickets.

Well done Krejza, getting 2 wickets.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Yes, this is awesome!

Siddle, Bollinger and Krejza (from the statistics) went well, and Johnson failed! This is great. We have a good backdrop from Lee and Clark now, and when you add McGain into the mix, we are not looking that bad after all.

pasag

RTDAS
If he injures himself, which would not surprise me one bit, I read in an article about the Bulls (posted by Mister Wright) that he is first in line is an injury occurs. I still won't rule him out from playing in India.
He's not first in line (if that's what you're saying), he's a certain starter.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bollinger and Krezja end with three. Just to make it easier for everyone (and the whole legal thing), if someone posts a scorecard, try to provide a link to it as well.

pup11

International Coach
If that's not enough to get Bollinger in the side...
Johnson has some serious technical problems atm, his wrist is all over the place and there is no way in hell that he would be able to bowl accurately due to that, leave alone moving the ball both ways, so if common sense prevails Bollinger should be playing ahead of him in the first test, but having seen the way Ponting has backed him over a period of time, i am not sure Johnson would be dropped.

pup11

International Coach
They couldn't possibly considering Krejza over McGain.
Nah, can't see that happening, McGain is definitely the first choice spinner for the Aussies, but atm he has a frozen shoulder so that has limited him from bowling much, but he has started bowling again in the nets and he would in the XI as soon he is fit to play.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that's odd because if he isn't going to bowl than i am not sure whether he really deserves to make it to the side purely as a batsman.
I'm guessing they preferred to give Bollinger and Krejza a bowl. Watto is there primarily for his batting, as silly as it is.

pup11

International Coach
I'm guessing they preferred to give Bollinger and Krejza a bowl. Watto is there primarily for his batting, as silly as it is.
If that turns out to be the case then that would be pretty lame, as it is Watson would be blocking out space of either Katich or Jaques, both of whom are better batsmen than him and lets be honest Watson ain't too good against spin either, his bowling though gives him a slight edge over those two when it comes to picking the playing XI, but don't see much sense in playing Watson just as batsman over those two.

sanga1337

U19 Captain
Surprised with Lee's figures. Didn't think he'd do well in India. Guess the tests are a different story, but he's proved me wrong plenty of times in the past. Interesting to see Katich ahead of Jaques, perhaps it's a sign for the series as the side seemed to be close to full strength.
I think he's injured iirc.

Last edited:

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
If that turns out to be the case then that would be pretty lame, as it is Watson would be blocking out space of either Katich or Jaques, both of whom are better batsmen than him and lets be honest Watson ain't too good against spin either, his bowling though gives him a slight edge over those two when it comes to picking the playing XI, but don't see much sense in playing Watson just as batsman over those two.
He is too good of a cricketer to be left out of the side when he is not injured.
Katich has had his chance before (don't say watto has as well). He was never dropped from the side, so it is only logical that when he gets fit again then he should get another go. You can't underestimate the experience he gained in the IPL. People may be clinging on to that 300 Katich made in the Pura Cup, its totally different conditions and level of cricket. Shane Watson is going to be a good Test Cricketer, he has earnt his spot.

pasag

RTDAS
He is too good of a cricketer to be left out of the side when he is not injured.
Katich has had his chance before (don't say watto has as well). He was never dropped from the side, so it is only logical that when he gets fit again then he should get another go. You can't underestimate the experience he gained in the IPL. People may be clinging on to that 300 Katich made in the Pura Cup, its totally different conditions and level of cricket. Shane Watson is going to be a good Test Cricketer, he has earnt his spot.
Clinging on to a 300? He's just come off a man of the series (from Aus) tour of the West Indies and the highest score in the tour match!

pup11

International Coach
Well he was never dropped from the side, but he was always picked in the side as an all-rounder, so if he doesn't bowl then naturally you can't help but think his batting alone isn't good enough to seal a place for him in the playing XI ahead of Katich or Jaques.

As far as your view that just because Katich has had his chance he should be overlooked, then i don't agree with that theory, Katich had a superb domestic season last year, he hardly put a foot wrong and then he made back to back centuries in West Indies and now he has even done well in this tour game, so form wise Katich is probably the best Australian player atm, and it would be really harsh on him to drop him.

Jaques too hasn't done much wrong either, has he, he has had a pretty decent start to his test career (after scoring truck-loads of runs in FC cricket) and he also scored a century in the last test he played.

So as much as i like Watto, in all fairness i don't see much merit in Watson playing ahead of these two, just as a batsman and be managed with kid gloves.