• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

stumpski

International Captain
Tennyson is right - the writer played under him on a 1930s tour of India.

Do you have your copy of 'The Joy of Cricket' handy? The quote is taken from there.

stumpski

International Captain
Correct.

It's taken from a chapter called 'Tragedy at Thunderpore' - a made-up name - based on their experiences during the MCC tour of 1937-38 (when Tennyson was 48). This was the match in which Alf Gover is said to have continued his run-up right into the pavilion. Although I always thought that was on Jardine's tour of four years earlier? Perhaps he made a habit of it.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is it to do with double relegation?

(sorry fred, cheap shot)
I wish I could somehow wring a tenuous "Yes" out of that but I cant sadly the answer is .....NO!!!

but you are still a cruel and heartless man for kicking a wet boy when he's down

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish I could somehow wring a tenuous "Yes" out of that but I cant sadly the answer is .....NO!!!

but you are still a cruel and heartless man for kicking a wet boy when he's down
I actually felt really bad after posting that. I'm clearly going soft