• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Awesome work from time and time again Cameel.

Just wondering if you or anyone know who won all the comps we had for AFL till date.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Probably would have been a more ideal situation had Matthews stayed another year, Voss got a year as an assistant under his belt at WC and then come to the Lions with a bit of experience.
Nah, four years out of the 8, with Black only getting older. Leigh Matthews either had to stay for the long run (i.e. build back the empire and go with it into 2010 onwards) or now was the time for Voss to take over.

Reckon Leigh did the right thing.

pasag

RTDAS
Nah, four years out of the 8, with Black only getting older. Leigh Matthews either had to stay for the long run (i.e. build back the empire and go with it into 2010 onwards) or now was the time for Voss to take over.
Yeah that's from Matthew's perspective. From Brisbane's perspective though, would have been better if this happened next year.

cameeel

International Captain
Awesome work from time and time again Cameel.

Just wondering if you or anyone know who won all the comps we had for AFL till date.
The tipping comps?

To Round 22:

2006 Winner: Alternative
2006 R-Up: Cameeel

2007 Winner: Pasag
2007 R-Up: Hoggy

2008 Winner: BoyBrumby
2008 R-Up: Dontcloseyoureyes

And those people's performances:

Alternative - 1st, 6th, 8th
Cameeel - 2nd, 4th, 3rd
Pasag - DNC, 1st, 9th
Hoggy - 14th, 2nd, DNC
BoyBrumby - DNC, 3rd, 1st
DCYE - DNC, 9th, 2nd

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member

Reckon Leigh did the right thing.
Could be a bit of a rude reality shock for Voss with Black and Bradshaw probably past their peak and Brown also likely to be beginning to decline. Black and Brown in particular won't be easily replaced. Still, they've not got the worst list of the teams out of the eight.

pasag

RTDAS
Code:
[U]CW Tipping Ladder Round 22[/U]

Pasag - 119
Hoggy - 117
BoyBrumby - 112
Oz Fan - 111
Cameeel - 110
Alternative - 106
Archie Mac - 104
Superkingdav - 104
DYCE - 103
Jono - 102
R_D - 101
Vic Orthodox - 99
MikeW - 97
Matteh - 97
Faaip - 94
Ash Chaulk - 92
Dark Hunter - 90
Clapo - 86
Hoggy gets the first perfect round of 2007.
Actually looks like I won during the normal season but we did finals as well and he overtook me.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I was so shockin' in tipping last year.

Wonder if you'd be saying that if he didn't re-sign yesterday? :ph34r:
Nah, I'd actually said earlier in the week that I hoped we didn't trade for him as I thought we'd be forced to pay too much for a bloke who's probably going to start to decline in the next year or two.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah, I've really got into AFL this year. I cannot wait for the finals. For mine, obviously Geelong are the favourites with perhaps Hawthorn as the biggest threat. Anyway, I hope the game tonight is on TV at a reasonable hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.