• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh and back on to the real footy, if I was a Kangaroos fan I would be so livid at my team. What a waste.

And if I was an Adelaide fan I would be so livid at how disgustingly **** Essendon are. Literally handed Saints a 4th spot on a plate.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh and back on to the real footy, if I was a Kangaroos fan I would be so livid at my team. What a waste.

And if I was an Adelaide fan I would be so livid at how disgustingly **** Essendon are. Literally handed Saints a 4th spot on a plate.
Doubt they literally did itbt.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
True.

They're still annoying though. I love Rama's story, and Peverill goes to Melb Uni and his ugliness makes him awesome, but I found it hard to take in their laps of honour following a 100pt belting.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So far
Rumors:
Ben Cousins - Collingwood
Daniel Kerr - anywhere in Melbourne
Jeff White, Adem Yze, Courtney Johns, Damien Peverill, Greg Tivendale - delisted
McDonald, Jacobs, Minson, Neitz, Carr, Braun, Bell, McDougall, McManus, Wilson, Harvey, Black, Michael, Biggins, Lappin, M Johnson, J Johnson, Ramaukas, Grant, Webster, Basset, Holland - retiring
Will be updated.
(Reason why no full names for retirements is because I'm lazy)

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harvs isn't really a rumour, its fact.

Technically the same with White or Yze, mainly because no one will pick them up I reckon. Rumours regarding Carlton having interest in Jeff White though.

morgieb

Harvs isn't really a rumour, its fact.

Technically the same with White or Yze, mainly because no one will pick them up I reckon. Rumours regarding Carlton having interest in Jeff White though.
Indeed, but I put them there anyway because they are player movements. What position does White play anyway?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jeff White = ruckman.

If Carlton believe they're the real deal next year and ready to have a genuine crack, they may feel that a ruck division of Cloke with two youngsters in Kreuzer and Hampson won't be enough.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lethal Leaves Lions

:(

I guess it's no real surprise after what can only be described as a failure of a season. There's no doubt, however, he's been one of the best in the business, and has played a huge role in making AFL a success in QLD. Lions 2001-2004 were probably one of the best teams in AFL history, it's just a shame we haven't been able to make it back to anything close to those lofty standards in the past 4 years. Thanks for the memories, and all your efforts Leigh :)

howardj

International Coach
Yeah, hats off to Lethal.

They were great years 2001-2003.

Some magnificent memories for us Brisbane folk.

Hopefully Voss will take over.

Anyway, in good news, Brown has re-signed.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Oh wow, tbh, didn't really expect that at all. It's hard to imagine us under anyone else, He's been there for that long, and brought us so much success. That said, with our poor performances over the past few years, maybe a change is needed. Thanks to a great coach, wish him the best in whatever he decides to do now.:)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Leigh Matthews... what a legend. Considering the work he's put in over the last 2-3 years, particularly with the youngsters, I expected him to keep going. He seemed keen as mustard on rebuilding the empire.

morgieb

Thanks for the memories Leigh :thumpsup: :). V. Sad he's leaving, but you have to move on. 3 premierships in the modern era is unassasinable.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Why is anyone surprised we got flogged? I coul rattle off at least 10 names that you wouldn't of heard of and are playing well before they should be.

Bellchambers, Hooker, Magin, Williams etc were only playing because we had 23 fit players to actually choose from. The 23rd player was a rookie who was already told he'd be delisted at years end. No point in playing him.

I feel sorry for Bendigo in all this, they were looking good for finals mid season but dropped off and have been getting absolutely belted because of the lack of Essendon players. They had just the one on the weekend and got flogged again.

cameeel

International Captain
Why is anyone surprised we got flogged? I coul rattle off at least 10 names that you wouldn't of heard of and are playing well before they should be.

Bellchambers, Hooker, Magin, Williams etc were only playing because we had 23 fit players to actually choose from. The 23rd player was a rookie who was already told he'd be delisted at years end. No point in playing him.

I feel sorry for Bendigo in all this, they were looking good for finals mid season but dropped off and have been getting absolutely belted because of the lack of Essendon players. They had just the one on the weekend and got flogged again.
We get it, you had injuries. FFS, stop posting about every ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.