• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Poor Fev :(

DCYE you may have me in the DT Grand Final this week. Will depend on Riewoldt vs. Richo (with you having Richo and me not!!!). Having no trades left with Pav out has hurt badly.

irfan

State Captain
Poor Fev :(

DCYE you may have me in the DT Grand Final this week. Will depend on Riewoldt vs. Richo (with you having Richo and me not!!!). Having no trades left with Pav out has hurt badly.
AWTA, first time I really felt for Fev. As much as he can be a frustrating package at times, to kick 7 and go so close to a 100 in the 2nd half after doing SFA in the first is an awesome achievement.

Must add that Roughead is underrated, outperforms Franklin on quite a few occasions and doesn't get the kudos that he deserves. Lot less selfish and contributes everywhere around the ground. Easily best 2nd forward in the league.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Roughead should leave Hawthorn. How good would he be at Adelaide!

Of course it'd be stupid to jump off now with the Hawks being so awesome, but in a few years if he's established and Buddy is asking for a ridiculous amount of dough, he may have to go.

pasag

RTDAS
Anyone watching? Amazing stuff, St Kilda are 1 percent away, need a couple of goals and to keep Essendon quite and they overtake Adelaide.

pasag

RTDAS
Pretty sure you can get radio on afl.com.au and abc.net.au. No idea about streaming though.

St Kilda get top four! Crazy stuff, last week wasn't even certain whether they'd get into the finals now they're fourth! Moved from 8th to fourth in one match in round 22!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I think Collingwood should have points deducted for the whole Didak/Shaw thing. About 4 points should do it.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Predictions for 2007 Ladder:
1. Collingwood (Medhurst to kick 45 goals tbh, Didak to win the Brownlow... Tarrant who?)
2. West Coast
3. Freo (oh that Tarrant)
4. Bulldogs
5. Sydney
6. Adelaide
7. St Kilda
8. Melbourne
9. Richmond (it's tradition)
10. Geelong
11. Hawthorn
12. Essendon
13. Port Adelaide
14. Brisbane
15. Kangaroos
16. Carlton
Some things don't change - couldn't remember whether it was this year or last year that I had Richmond missing the eight by a single win. Was badly wrong about nearly everything else, but Richmond finishing ninth is something we can all generally count on. Good to see I predicted the rise of Medhurst as a gun. Failed to pick the defection of Judd, sacking of Cousins and subsequent collapse of WCE, or that Geelong would fulfil their promise. Was five points in a prelim away from getting the premier right as well.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Some things don't change - couldn't remember whether it was this year or last year that I had Richmond missing the eight by a single win. Was badly wrong about nearly everything else, but Richmond finishing ninth is something we can all generally count on. Good to see I predicted the rise of Medhurst as a gun. Failed to pick the defection of Judd, sacking of Cousins and subsequent collapse of WCE, or that Geelong would fulfil their promise. Was five points in a prelim away from getting the premier right as well.
Pretty sure I called the Geelong era around that time.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
haha, you would have choked in the granny

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Joel Bowden > DCYE's Dream Team
Yeah. Richo blowing dick didn't help. Jack Reiwoldt and ROK won you that one though, if you didn't have Jack pull out a big game and if ROK played I'd have had it easily. Fair play though, bench was my teams glaring weakness and it was displayed.

A good final imo.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep good season. Was a bit of a 3 way dance in the end. A bit of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic with the rest just also-rans :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.