• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka

Nishant

International 12th Man
****. Kohli throws it away like an idiot and Gambhir gets robbed by the umpire.
yep...we're in a bit of a jam here!!! But gambhir did look poor 2day...as if he lost all that form he had gained over the test series! I was gettin excited about Kohli, but once again he gets a start and then throws it away! Damn!!!

hopefully Yuvraj and raina can gt a good partnership in now!!

As for team selection by india 2day, i reckon it was a decent one...i kno Pathan gives balance, but his bowling is poor ATM....he is no better than a part timer, so id rather hav a pure batsmen in instead of him right now!
As for Pathan, just dont kno wen he'll gt bk to being half as gd as he used to be!!

dinu23

International Debutant
yep...we're in a bit of a jam here!!! But gambhir did look poor 2day...as if he lost all that form he had gained over the test series! I was gettin excited about Kohli, but once again he gets a start and then throws it away! Damn!!!

hopefully Yuvraj and raina can gt a good partnership in now!!

As for team selection by india 2day, i reckon it was a decent one...i kno Pathan gives balance, but his bowling is poor ATM....he is no better than a part timer, so id rather hav a pure batsmen in instead of him right now!
As for Pathan, just dont kno wen he'll gt bk to being half as gd as he used to be!!
the problem with this lineup is the 5th bowler.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YUVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! (Said in a very high pitched girly voice)

That six was crazy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YUVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! (Said in a very high pitched girly voice, but with more sadness)

That idiot is crazy.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indians can't even win an exhibition match with this bowling attack. It's ridiculosly weak. Worse, if one of the so-called batsmen-who-can-bowl pelts enough rubbish to hand the match over to the batting side, he won't even lose his place. The likes of Rohit, Raina, Yuvraj and Badrinath are not options. They're weaknesses. The whole team has to play around them.

The Indians need to post or chase down scores over 350 regularly if they persist with bowling attacks so weak. That doesn't look likely here. It's disappointing to see them drop Irfan, and then give two wickets away to someone so much worse.

adharcric

International Coach
The Indians can't even win an exhibition match with this bowling attack. It's ridiculosly weak. Worse, if one of the so-called batsmen-who-can-bowl pelts enough rubbish to hand the match over to the batting side, he won't even lose his place. The likes of Rohit, Raina, Yuvraj and Badrinath are not options. They're weaknesses. The whole team has to play around them.

The Indians need to post or chase down scores over 350 regularly if they persist with bowling attacks so weak. That doesn't look likely here. It's disappointing to see them drop Irfan, and then give two wickets away to someone so much worse.
Kulasekara > Pathan right now.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Kulasekara > Pathan right now.
He isn't much good. The Indians are not doing much against him either. Let's not forget, Irfan was a strike bowler not too long ago, while there's nothing to suggest Kulasekara is a strike bowler at all. Not so much that the Indians should struggle so much against him.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Honestly, I don't mind Yuvraj, Badrinath, Raina and Sharma bowling Pathan's overs.
exactly! India in trouble ATM tho....

im not trying to make excuses and all and i do expect india to play well and win etc etc....but if u look at the 2 sides, u have to say that SL should be very disappointed if they dont win this series. They have a team with far more experience than india who have a team that looks nothing like it used to even a year back. fair enough that you cant take anything away from SL but we cant be too critical of India either for the ODI series...the test series however is a different story.

Nishant

International 12th Man
He isn't much good. The Indians are not doing much against him either. Let's not forget, Irfan was a strike bowler not too long ago, while there's nothing to suggest Kulasekara is a strike bowler at all. Not so much that the Indians should struggle so much against him.
Fair enough, but Pathan is nothing like the bowler he used to be. hes lost pace, swing and accuracy....theres nothing left. He has a lot of work to do, but IMHO, i think we have lost our potential allrounder...time to develop another one and not in the greg chappel way!

Nishant

International 12th Man
raina and Badrinath have a golden chance to shine now...we on CW have always bn on abt Badrinath and i had haerd gr8 things...but i have never actually seen him bat ( until the last game) Much impressed, i am hoping for more ( obviously im nt gonna write him off if he doesnt do well tho!)

adharcric

International Coach
The Indians can't even win an exhibition match with this bowling attack. It's ridiculosly weak.
I'm sorry but that's a ridiculous statement. Zaheer, Praveen, Munaf and Harbhajan is probably India's best one-day attack. Pathan can't add much to that currently.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni should have come in earlier. This team needs some leadership at the top since Sachin is not playing.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni should have come in earlier. This team needs some leadership at the top since Sachin is not playing.
Can't win though. People say Badrinath is coming in too low, and that Raina needs opportunities at the top. Someone has to bat somewhere low.

ret

International Debutant
nice perfos by Dhoni and Raina to get India to 237

and it's sad to see India going in with 4 regular bowlers, when
1. the 7 batsmen are struggling to put that 25-30 extra runs
2. the part-time bowling options are nothing to write home about
3. if [or when] one of the 4 regular bowlers goes for runs, it puts a lot of pressure on the bowling line-up esp when defending ok totals

this is more like with 7 batsmen you struggle to get that 25-30 extra runs to give cushion to the bowlers and the bowling with part-time options could possible ease the pressure by giving away 20-30 extra runs!!!

someone like Pathan no matter how badly he bowls can at least bowl 5-6 decent overs than most part-timers, who can also chip in with 4-5 overs if one of the regular bowlers go for runs. and Pathan as a batsman is not that bad at all and can be very useful at #3 or #7

it's more sensible for the management to pick 6 batsmen out of the 7 that they want to play and use guys like Pathan and Kumar as batting option too

with 237 runs on board, it's clearly a day when the bowling and fielding has to pull it off for India but does that have the depth to do it? let's hope that today is the day when bowlers along with the part-timers, deliver :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
India are definitely one bowler short and it won't be easy for them to defend this target, but i just can't understand Indian gameplan, when they were going in with 7 batsmen they should have backed themselves to chase whatever target the lankans might have set, even if that meant playing Mendis and Murali in the second-half of the game.