• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Bradshaw's kicked three straight now in the past few minutes. We started really well but have slowed down a bit now. Only one point in it when we should have blown the lead out earlier.

Piss off Bradshaw.

MURPHY!

8 points in it with 13 left!

UP BY 4!

Came back from 32 points down 112-108 with 10 minutes left.

Stevens is a ****ing gun, need more from Judd though.

I'm completely thinking in terms of DT here, have no other feelings for or against.
Probably one of the worst games from Judd I've seen in terms of effective possession usage. Not his usual brilliant self.

5 points with four minutes left!

1.18 left with us five points ahead. Can't watch.

Fevolaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32 point comeback from 3 quarter time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: posts merged.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
He's getting the bin-time touches, good stuff. Need Braddy to kick a few more to get close to the ton, I need to be about a thousand in front overnight to have a chance imo.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hmm, I'm a touch over 600 in front and Brummers has 6 more players to play tomorrow than me, could be ridiculously close. One of his 13 to come is Harry Taylor, :|.

Then main problem is that every one of his midfielders is yet to play. They're all high scoring and quite intimidating, very nervy.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:(

Didn't see the game as I was out, but that's the end of our finals hopes, and I must say a very disappointing end to what started as a very promising season. Had too many players that really just didn't take the next step.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
Absolutely pathetic. To put in all that effort in the third term and then just lay down like that was just sad. Said it a few weeks ago, there's no way we deserved finals footy on the back of the past month and bit.

Switched it on just as we took the lead, It was quite amazing seeing two completely different teams play, One kicked 7 goals in about 10 minutes, the other struggled to score a point in a full quarter. Basically sums our season up.

pasag

RTDAS
Reverted to your first half play itbt. Really only played one good quarter of football and as stunning as it was, it's was just not good enough in the end.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha well done Blues. Can't rely on the ****ty Swans unfortunately.

Badly need the Crows to get up tomorrow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If the Crows win, but Saints beat Essendon next week, Kelvin Moore's miss against St Kilda in round 7 could prove ridiculously costly!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmm, I'm a touch over 600 in front and Brummers has 6 more players to play tomorrow than me, could be ridiculously close. One of his 13 to come is Harry Taylor, :|.

Then main problem is that every one of his midfielders is yet to play. They're all high scoring and quite intimidating, very nervy.
Your forward line has won it for you I reckon. Even with my midfield I need snookers. Need Buddy to kick the 6 he needs for 100 badly.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Your backline is sketchy. You have Taylor, Urqhart and Birchall to play, none of them are a player you'd throw your house behind to score big. Milburn will score as always but if he has a quiet one you could be in strife, as I've got McLeod and Bock to come (as well as Guerra but so do you).

pasag

RTDAS
If St Kilda gets thrashed twice, Brisbane lose next week, Melbourne beat Richmond and we beat Hawthorn we'll make the finals.

:laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
Beating the Hawks will be a tough ask but no reason we can't, we beat WB only a couple of weeks ago so it's not out of the question, though you'd imagine Buddy would rip our defence a new one. Out of all the implausibilities in that post, us beating the Hawks is the second most likely to happen after Brisbane losing to Sydney.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.