• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Got in in time to see the last nine overs. Super stuff from KP & Fred, but the top 3 looks to have been the usual tale of woe.

If it wasn't us I'd make England marginal favourites, but as it is us I fully expect an eight wicket loss with five overs spare.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Got in in time to see the last nine overs. Super stuff from KP & Fred, but the top 3 looks to have been the usual tale of woe.

If it wasn't us I'd make England marginal favourites, but as it is us I fully expect an eight wicket loss with five overs spare.
Bet365 has England as 1.40 favourites. I expect England to win as well TBH but I think South Africa has a lot more chance than 2.75 suggests.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Didnt get to see a ball of the England innings.

Interesting reading the last few pages and loking at the scorecard.

Turned out well for England as its top 2 OD players performed. It is pretty thread bare after that.

A few observations
Of course Bell shouldnt play ODIs. He shouldnt have for years. Hard to get angry when its just a situation of Bell being Bell (ie one of the easiest batsman to bowl to). Its not like we dont know who he is

Shah just isnt the right guy. His record is poor, he is no longer young and I dont know what his role is supposed to be. All this that, he is wasted down the order is bul****. He flat out has not performed for too long

Im suprised Bothas action still looks bad. When he was called for throwing it was terrible and obvious. However, he really changed his action and made it legit. Suprised people saying it looks bad again. I hope he has not regressed.

With no Swann selected, Im looking forward to seeing Patel take a large role with the ball and Wright have to produce. Ive no idea if either is capable so it will be interesting to watch.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think by the selection England are expecting the seamers to do virtually all the work.

So I'm not expecting Patel to bowl much particularly with the lights. Obviously if things are going wrong then he may bowl more.

stumpski

International Captain
Well Anderson usually does take the new ball but he didn't last long - after a nine ball over it was no surprise to see Harmison on. And makes the breakthrough almost immediately, finding Smith's edge.

Amazing that it was only his 68th ODI wicket in a career spanning six years. More than Simon Jones though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Gibbs is in some touch, isn't he. Whoever predicted SA by 8 wickets with lots to spare isn't looking far off the mark.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, Luke Wright to take 4 for 30 I reckon. :ph34r:

Seriously, we may need some 'pace off the ball' soon.
Not sure who from though: Patel vs Gibbs doesn't sound good to me.
afaics we need Gibbs to try his luck once too often pdq.

EDIT
And now Kallis is taking Flintoff apart, which wasn't in the script.

Last edited: