• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

tooextracool

International Coach
FFS, Smith misses an inswinger. First time he's done that for a while.
First time they've bowled a decent one at him tbh. Not particularly sure why the likes of Flintoff and Anderson have tried so desperately to bowl away swingers at Smith, despite his patently obvious heavy footedness.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Haha, Smith's dismissal was an embarassing one.. Was sat eating supper in front of the TV going "F***, S***, C***!!" unawares that the quite religious grandparents had just arrived behind me..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If you clean up his bowling analysis by removing his 6 best overs, his match figures are 15-0-62-0 which I'm afraid is simply not Test-class bowling.
You'll need to ask Richard to explain both concepts (FCA and the purified Harmison bowling analysis)
And the reverse Harmisonesque quadrangular nematode theorem...
Does it just apply to Harmy or bowlers generally?
Crikey, I wouldn't like to guess. It certainly does apply to Harmison though, from the little I can understand
Is there a similar procedure for devaluing his batting?
8-)