• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
lalalaplay5batslalagofrom219for3to260for8lalalagiftawayastrongpositionlalalaasnodepthtocapitaliseonkpsinningslala

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Most bizarre 3 posts (with and's having near enough nothing to do with that) I've ever seen, methinks.

Stapel

International Regular
Harmison just improved his high score..... I'd love to see him register his maiden Test Fifty.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
lalalaplay5batslalagofrom219for3to260for8lalalagiftawayastrongpositionlalalaasnodepthtocapitaliseonkpsinningslala
Yea, I know people will say it's easy to pick the team from here... but well it is.

At home barring a freak bunsen you pick your 4 best seamers, 6 batsmen and your best wicket-keeper. England are lucky they've got Flintoff which makes up for the lack of quality keeper-batsman and this should make the selection a lot less painful than this bunch are making it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Absolutely painful cricket, typical South Africa not being able to finish off these rabbits..
It's said a fair bit including yesterday but the Yorker isn't bowled enough.

Not once has anyone tried Yorking either of these two. They should be trying it every ball pretty much, if you bowl Full-Tosses you could hardly do worse than they have so far and they're bound to miss one eventually.

Stapel

International Regular
***-having ridiculous, if anything.

Would probably be the worst chanceless half-century in Test history, certainly between these two sides.
I don't really care. I've always liked Harmison. It's good to see him back in good bowlign shape. An ugly but usefull effort with the bat is a nice bonus.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't really care. I've always liked Harmison. It's good to see him back in good bowlign shape. An ugly but usefull effort with the bat is a nice bonus.
That's as maybe, but it's still a shockingly poor innings.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
FFS.
Gutted. Harmison is one of my favourite batsmen to watch. Im heartbroken for him.

Love to watch a good old fashioned tailenders thump. Though with CW logic, he will probably be playing as an allrounder next Test.