• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

stumpski

International Captain
Lead of 122, I think England would've taken that at the start of the day, and at lunch for that matter.

Keep South Africa down to under 300 and we should be favourites to win sometime on Sunday.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FFS.
Gutted. Harmison is one of my favourite batsmen to watch. Im heartbroken for him.

Love to watch a good old fashioned tailenders thump.
Always flabbergasted me that people enjoy watching tailenders swing unworthily at the ball TBH. Oh well, each to their own.

Stapel

International Regular
A prediction:

This time Cook will cling on, so Smith will be dismissed on Harmison's first ball :) .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, it was a "straight ball" apparently.

At least that's what we keep being told by the inept commentators, even though it clearly turned back in a bit.
It swung away from the left-hander, rather than turned.

Harris doesn't bowl a Doosra.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Always flabbergasted me that people enjoy watching tailenders swing unworthily at the ball TBH. Oh well, each to their own.
Why? He does it well and strikes the ball cleanly and has scored useful runs in the past. Id rather a 'blacksmith' innings from a tailender than a dead batting bore zone.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Why? He does it well and strikes the ball cleanly and has scored useful runs in the past. Id rather a 'blacksmith' innings from a tailender than a dead batting bore zone.
Maybe - I'd just prefer to see tailenders knocked-over cheaply so the batsmen get batting again.

I prefer to watch a batsman batting properly than a tailender, however the tailender bats.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
No, it was a "straight ball" apparently.

At least that's what we keep being told by the inept commentators, even though it clearly turned back in a bit.
I doubt it was a doosra, though I haven't seen it.

If it was a genuine arm ball (ie not the straight ball that idiot commentators call an arm ball) it will have swung away, though (from the left hander).

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe - I'd just prefer to see tailenders knocked-over cheaply so the batsmen get batting again.

I prefer to watch a batsman batting properly than a tailender, however the tailender bats.
I'm sure you'd enjoy watching me bat more than Graeme Smith.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It swung away from the right-hander, rather than turned.

Harris doesn't bowl a Doosra.
No, it swung into the right hander. Hence, my arm ball comment. Pitched on middle and would have hit middle (to the left handed Anderson).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well i actually rate Harmi above Anderson. Its not the first time Harmison has scored a few and wont be the last.
Well hopefully it might be. I've always rated Anderson above Harmison, Anderson can clearly play some proper strokes and in 9 innings out of 10 is likely to last longer than Harmison is.