• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

stumpski

International Captain
Just got in, and somewhat alarmed to see covers on seven minutes before the start. Any news of the start time?

stumpski

International Captain
Site seems to be running incredibly slowly this morning. Not going to bother posting messages if it takes three minutes or more for them to appear. :@ Fault may be at my end I suppose ...

More covers going on ... great.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Typical that it would rain on my day off, :@

Haven't heard a start time, though Gower doesn't expect it to be a long delay

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Site seems to be running incredibly slowly this morning. Not going to bother posting messages if it takes three minutes or more for them to appear. :@ Fault may be at my end I suppose ...
aaah - so it's not just me. I just made a thread about this in Site Discussion. Ironically since I did that everything's been quite smooth LOL

Langeveldt

Soutie
Disappointing looking at Facebook.. A good day for England and everyone's waxing lyrical as if they have a couple of of performers of the calibre of Morné Morkel and Dale Steyn.. Bring on today

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just got in, and somewhat alarmed to see covers on seven minutes before the start. Any news of the start time?
Covers only went on just as you came back, hopefully this won't be much of a delay. Forecast today is apparently OK.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Umpires out on the ground again, weather looks playable to me, then again I'd say that if it was a thunderstorm, just want to see some cricket tttt

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
aaah - so it's not just me. I just made a thread about this in Site Discussion. Ironically since I did that everything's been quite smooth LOL
Nah there's certainly something wrong currently.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Didn't see Flintoff bowl a lot, shouldn't have finished with worse figures than Broad though. That being said, I am actually pleased Broad got those wickets it might do his confidence some good. If he gets a few top order wickets in the next innings, Pietersen will be justified in putting him in when he did, this seems to have been overlooked; Anderson didn't need those wickets, Broad did.
I think it could be hugely counterproductive TBH. Broad currently is not good enough to play Test cricket - him being gifted wickets his bowling does not merit is harmful for England's short-term prospects, because it'd mean him being picked more often and hence a place being wasted.

stumpski

International Captain
I was seriously considering going to the Women's international at Lord's today (would be a first for me) and probably would've done if there hadn't been a Test on. I pay enough for Sky, I may as well get my money's worth.

Got the live commentary from Lord's on though, play about to start there. Same oppo of course.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think it could be hugely counterproductive TBH. Broad currently is not good enough to play Test cricket - him being gifted wickets his bowling does not merit is harmful for England's short-term prospects, because it'd mean him being picked more often and hence a place being wasted.
That's not what I'm getting at, though. I'm referring towards South Africa's second innings, that's all, and if Broad bowls better there through being more confident then obviously it benefits the team.

Whether he retains his place for the winter is another matter, there is quite a bit of competition for places in the seam attack really, as surely they will take Simon Jones on tour

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh **** Bell

Was about to post about how he was damned if he did or didn't today, saved me the bother, he didn't

Precambrian

Banned
Free Souls are that.. free souls... unhindered.... I bet to my shoelace that within a year. if KP's captaincy lasts that much, his bat avg is going to come down atleast by 250 to 500 basis points.