• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah but it didn't turn. Shouldn't have been missed, you play for the straight ball then for the turn if it starts to turn.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah but it didn't turn. Shouldn't have been missed, you play for the straight ball then for the turn if it starts to turn.
Yes. He must have misjudged length and I am starting to think that it is the combination of Monty's skid off the pitch combined with batsmen misjudging his length which causes batsmen to appear to get themselves out to him.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh dear, Morne walking off to the wrong side of the ground. Can't recall ever seeing that before.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I would be fuming. After doing all the hard work, the tail are being gifted to those that have not earned it.

PavlovsDog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I knew this would happen. Broad finally gets a wicket, but it's now meaningless in the eyes of many because it's 'only Morkel'.

Even if he mops up the tail, while bringing the economy rate down, he will still get crucified, because he hasn't taken top order wickets.

He hasn't bowled well, for sure, but I feel for him. He seems to have the mental toughness we need and KP made a specific point of this when the side was announced yesterday. I hope we stick with him, but admit he does need to start taking top order wickets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I knew this would happen. Broad finally gets a wicket, but it's now meaningless in the eyes of many because it's 'only Morkel'.

Even if he mops up the tail, while bringing the economy rate down, he will still get crucified, because he hasn't taken top order wickets.

He hasn't bowled well, for sure, but I feel for him. He seems to have the mental toughness we need and KP made a specific point of this when the side was announced yesterday. I hope we stick with him, but admit he does need to start taking top order wickets.
This post is all over the place, much like Broad's bowling.

Watch Nasser's 3rd man thing...

pasag

RTDAS

It's meaningless in that he's looked toothless all day and all he can get is a swinging tailender. All he's done today is taken all the pressure off that the others had built up.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A bit unusual in that Pietersen actually seems to be deliberately trying to cause all the bowlers to get good figures. Don't see that too often.

Undeserving bowlers getting gifted tail-end wickets isn't that unusual, but it's unusual to see a captain apparently attempting to manufacture it into happening.