• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
WoW, that was quite some ball.
3/32. It wasn't long ago that people were calling for him to be axed from the team and now he is outperforming Flintoff and Harmison who are both looking on the top of their games.

tooextracool

International Coach
That's 4th-youngest. Botham was the youngest at 23.
Hmm guess i misread that. Botham, I believe was one of the youngest bowlers in the world to reach 200 wickets at the time too. Would probably have got well past Hadlee if it wasnt for his extensive time out of the side for whatever reasons and various injuries.

tooextracool

International Coach
If Harmison, Anderson and Flintoff keep this up, will be interesting to see if Sidebottom will be able to return to the side at this rate. With Jones on the sidelines, it begs a very interesting question for the first test in India to say the very least.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Flintoff and Harmison swap boots and Pollock remarks "that is how you get ankle problems".

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bowl round-the-wicket at Morne Fred FFS.

And bowl full at Morne FFS all bowlers. Nothing more annoying than seeing bowlers bowl short at a tailender with a ball that's swinging when you pitch it up.

Tailenders + swinging ball, pitched straight = over pretty quickly, on most occasions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bloody hell, the 13th-man has only just passed his 18th birthday. What a thrill that must be.

kingkallis

International Coach
Its pretty simple! We dont have lights @ our club ground and we start the game @ 11:00 AM so its impossible to complete a 50 over game :dry:

And yeah you cant say it First class cricket though!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah nah was meaning First-Class as in limited-overs stuff, not wondering about the number of overs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Stuart Broad looks as good a bowler as Greg Blewett.

Keep hearing he's got potential and I guess he could be decent eventually, but I don't see him being anything but a handy part time bowler for a while.