• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Napier16

Banned
Poor decision? You're 'avin a laugh. Perfectly understandable decision. It passed a fraction of a centimetre over the top. Quite reasonable decision IMO.
Not when two stumps, 2/3 of the way up one's are being turned down for the other side.

It's always a poor decision when it's actually, you know...missing the stumps.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
High quality Test cricket - gripping, enthralling, challenging, controversial.

Unrelated - who the hell's twelfth man?
Came on to post that before I got distracted by Napier16's rubbish. We've had some excellent Test matches this year thus far. India-Sri Lanka interestingly poised too.

And at first glance I thought the 12th man was Hingston.

Napier16

Banned
If SA actually decide to play shots again, as they should never have stopped doing after the fall of the first wicket...then they can still do this.

If they remain in their shells they won't and will all get out.

Swing the bat.

Uppercut

I think it was a poor decision. Understandable, yes, and i wouldn't criticise the umpire too much. But he got it wrong.

Napier16

Banned
I think it was a poor decision. Understandable, yes, and i wouldn't criticise the umpire too much. But he got it wrong.
It's not simply that decision, which I agree IS somewhat understandable.

It's all the more galling when it was obviously going to play a role when SA batted, after they were turned down the match changing plumb one on Collingwood.

I called it at the time & said how they'd go on to get a rough LBW against them. Can't wait till technology decides the rightful winners and lucks taken more out of it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Kallis' reaction was no different to Flintoff's.
Kallis' reaction was pretty bizarre tbh. Hard to tell if he was angry at the decision (though the umpire had to give it out because it was out), the sight screen (though I'm not sure what can be done about that so late in the match) or himself. Probably a mix of the last two.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It's all the more galling when it was obviously going to play a role when SA batted, after they were turned down the match changing plumb one on Collingwood.

I called it at the time & said how they'd go on to get a rough LBW against them. Can't wait till technology decides the rightful winners and lucks taken more out of it.
You're aware that England at least one very rough decision on day one, right? The man then as Kevin Pietersen. But of course his wicket is irrelevant to the match result. Oh wait...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blimey that session went quick....

I hope they're keeping Freddie back tactically. preferably will get through this match with Monty at one end and Jimmy and freddie at the other. If Ryan's injured thank god we picked a spinner or we'd have had Colly having to bowl long spells:unsure:

gio

U19 Cricketer

Not that I'm one for cliches, but... [insert something about decisions and them evening themselves out]

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Well England session for sure. If we can get another couple out in the final session we'll be right in with a good shout.

Napier16

Banned
Not that I'm one for cliches, but... [insert something about decisions and them evening themselves out]
A tired cliche, which has never been accurate.

In any case...

The actual correct decisions > a series of bad one's evening out