• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Worst thing possible for England was that innings by Broad (unless his batting in the top six at Edgbaston).

Good win by South Africa though.

chris.hinton

International Captain
South Africa outclassed us in 4 days and deserved to win, England on the other hand are an overrated and tired side, We do not have any world class bowlers. Moores have not improved the team and deserves to get the boot

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain
South Africa outclassed us in 4 days and deserved to win, England on the other hand are an overrated and tired side, We do not have any world class bowlers. Moores have not improved the team and deserves to get the boot
Well that's a bit harsh! I think Duncan Fletcher's England reign was the most successful we had for 50 years, and it was bloody hard for Moores to improve the side with the players he has at his disposal.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well played yet again Stuart Broad.

Some of his strokeplay is absolutely top-class and (although it sounds ridiculous to say it) reminiscent of David Gower.

I just can't see the selectors dropping him, however unpenetrative his bowling has been.
If Broad plays the next Test, he has to play as a top-six batsman. He has, of course, no case whatsoever to do this ahead of Shah, Joyce and even Collingwood.

But if you retain someone for his batting, he has to play in a batting slot. It'll be truly ludicrous if he's retained as a bowler.

chris.hinton

International Captain
The Thing with Stuart Broad is that his batting is keeping him in the test side but is a bowler

Sidebottom will be fit for the next test and Vaughan should be dropped and Andrew Strauss should be skipper with Shah coming in the team

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's pretty incredible that anyone seems to think Foster can do a better job with the bat than Ambrose. There's absolutely nothing to suggest that's possible.

Everyone has found-out you become a better player in your absence and a lesser one if you're not performing stupendously, Stewart-esque well, but that's truly taking it to extremes.

Ambrose's wicketkeeping has been juuuuuuuuust fine, he's not scored as many runs as I'd hope, but he's done better than James Foster or pretty much any competent wicketkeeper would do.

Ambrose should beyond question play at Edgbaston. In fact there's only one person who should replace him in the country and that's Steven Davies - and I don't mean now.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well to be honest, that's the best I could hope for with such a conprehensive spanking.

Played Saffies. Odds we see the Ashes seam attack in the next Test?
I reckon half of it will be back. Panesar the millstone around England's neck will presumably mean it'll be 3 seamers or 3 seamers plus Broad.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Broad keeps his place then he will ton up soon I reckon, especially if one of the proper batsmen can stay in

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I was just thinking, who is the best English bastman that can also bowl. Ie help out as 5th bowler

Is it as obvious as Collingwood? Are there other contenders?