• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Does someone need to tell Pietersen it's Test cricket, not Twenty20 cricket :blink:
TBF, he had 3 deliveries he could hit for four, and did... then he got a rather good away-swinger. At least, that was how it looked on first glance... :unsure::mellow:

Possibly was trying to pull the bat inside the ball.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahaha, pop out to Coles and back and all of a sudden England 4 down. Shame I missed the Anderson blow, will have to catch it on the replay tommorow.

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
TBF, he had 3 deliveries he could hit for four, and did... then he got a rather good away-swinger. At least, that was how it looked on first glance...
as much as youd like to think that every outside edge is a result of swing and or seam, that categorically wasnt. Appears as though he wasnt sure whether to play or leave and ended up edging the ball in the process.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WTF was KP thinking???
My money's on "see the ball, play it".

Honestly, if he'd left that first ball of the over I don't reckon he'd be getting criticised as much as he has been. Reckon Kallis deserves real credit for producing a beauty to a batsman who was looking really rather ominous.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
as much as youd like to think that every outside edge is a result of swing and or seam, that categorically wasnt. Appears as though he wasnt sure whether to play or leave and ended up edging the ball in the process.
So you're telling me that was a gun-barrel straight delivery?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Presumably he has something more important to do tomorrow. What an idiot.

This morning's play has confirmed, afaics, that England's batsmen have been more culpable than their bowlers in this game. Even with the balls-up of a selection, 200 was always way under par on this wicket but our batters either don't have the technique or spine to stick around. Well done saffers on a professional job well done - you can only beat what's in front of you, however amateur most of them seem to be nowadays.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Presumably he has something more important to do tomorrow. What an idiot.

This morning's play has confirmed, afaics, that England's batsmen have been more culpable than their bowlers in this game. Even with the balls-up of a selection, 200 was always way under par on this wicket but our batters either don't have the technique or spine to stick around. Well done saffers on a professional job well done - you can only beat what's in front of you, however amateur most of them seem to be nowadays.
If you pick five front-line batsmen, that's always going to be a fair possibility.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Personally I thought both opening deliveries of Kallis' over swung a bit, the first one Pietersen covered, the second which he initially tried to cover then changed his mind when it was too late and decided to try and pull inside rather than follow.

Either way, I feel the bowler deserves some credit.

Certainly, the ball has hardly swung for most of this match since South Africa knocked-over England first time. But there's been the odd ball here and there that has done something.