• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Morne opening instead of Steyn, find that odd TBH.

Good to see Cook off-the-mark for the day quickly though.

I wonder if Anderson has ever had a let-off on 0 before today?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Morne opening instead of Steyn, find that odd TBH.

Good to see Cook off-the-mark for the day quickly though.

I wonder if Anderson has ever had a let-off on 0 before today?
Two left-handers at the crease. Steyn's struggled to get his line right against them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Steyn just needs a decent inswinger and Anderson is goooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeee. But yeah, Morne and Ntini should be the better bets against Cook.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can anyone give an analysis of his records against right- and left-handers?
Apparently...
Code:
                   Dis b  c  c s lbw Ave
right-hand batsman 90 23 33 16 0 18 16.20
 left-hand batsman 27  2 12  7 0  6 26.07
This is taken only from the NZ series of 2005/06 onwards.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Steyn just needs a decent inswinger and Anderson is goooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeee. But yeah, Morne and Ntini should be the better bets against Cook.
Unless Bowden is umpiring. Then he just needs to get his leg in the way and hope for the best.

Zinzan

Quite. Yesterday's negative decision was an absolute howler, had my first proper look at it today.
Both Bowden & Harper make far too many wrong decisions to be on the elite panel for mine. Harper would be the worst in terms of LBW's I can remember.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Both Bowden & Harper make far too many wrong decisions to be on the elite panel for mine. Harper would be the worst in terms of LBW's I can remember.
Harper is awful and has been for years. Bowden generally isn't too bad (at least when he's not Umpiring in Australia games) and this match has been more of an aberration than a conformation to the general rule.

Ntini can start to be annoyed he didn't get that Anderson lbw now, as James moves on to 15.

tooextracool

International Coach
Anderson has always had a good defensive technique, and I have always thought of him as a very useful tailender with the bat. He has now added a few attacking strokes to his artillery and thats made him a bit better now.

Zinzan

Anderson has always had a good defensive technique, and I have always thought of him as a very useful tailender with the bat. He has now added a few attacking strokes to his artillery and thats made him a bit better now.
He's definately not the worst, although has been beaten a million times this morning.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Honestly, I would quite often rate his and Sidebottom's chances of lasting longer than Flintoff and Ambrose often do.

Harris gets his first bowl this match. Doing nothing so far.

tooextracool

International Coach
Honestly, I would quite often rate his and Sidebottom's chances of lasting longer than Flintoff and Ambrose often do.
I really do hpe that Flintoff bats in the manner that he batted in the series in 2003. I am yet to get a good look at Ambrose's batting since his first test (where he showed some poor footwork against the full ball) so far so heres hoping I have that chance today.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
steds to get his wish as Anderson tons up IMO

Now where is that poll of Gelman's :p

PS did anyone see me on the telly yesterday, my little girl reckons she did but I am not convinced, she did ring me up to tell me though

Zinzan

Possibly...although the reality is both Flintoff & Ambrose would probably be good enough to edge one of the countless number of deliveries Anderson hasn't got close to this morning.