• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its been awhile since I felt so good when someone scored a 100 and then carry on to make it hurt. AB is awesome and loved the fact that he gave it to the English, after all the boo's I think I just found myself a team and supporters I hate more than the Australians ...
Now to stick the knife in a twist it ... Innings and say 30 odd runs coming up :)

:cool:
I remember watching Collingwood's dismissal in the first test, caught bat-pad when it missed his bat by a foot and thinking "If Ponting took that catch at silly point, there'd be people all over the forum saying he's a cheat, a disgrace, he/ they must have known he didn't hit it" etc.

It all depends who's doing it to whom really, as the actress said to the bishop.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yawn. Give it a rest people, honestly. The standard here is attrocious, you're all bitching at each other like 12 year old girls. Let's actually have some decent discussion about the cricket, none of this YouTube like garbage.

*steps off podium*

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yawn. Give it a rest people, honestly. The standard here is attrocious, you're all bitching at each other like 12 year old girls. Let's actually have some decent discussion about the cricket, none of this YouTube like garbage.

*steps off podium*
Any tour thread where there's any semblance of controversy ends up descending into petty sniping or worse. Nature of the beast for mine.

Flem274*

123/5
Haven't gone to cricinfo for my daily update yet but it looks like yet another claimed catch that wasn't. Marvellous. Not.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Didn't SA chose to have the referal system and England chose not to have the referal system? Therefore any English whingeing seems a bit more hollow as they had full right to the services of technology and chose not to take advantage of it..

Zinzan

Shah, just what England need - yet another soft mentally dodgy batsman...

Accommodating a toothless finger spinner who can't bat or field is a recipe for Flintoff getting injured again.
Scaly, do us a favour and post the side you would like in the next test. Rather than criticising everyone elses teams, provide some alternatives. I'd actually be interested in your side

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Didn't SA chose to have the referal system and England chose not to have the referal system? Therefore any English whingeing seems a bit more hollow as they had full right to the services of technology and chose not to take advantage of it..
None of this stuff is to do with anything which would be altered by referrals. It's purely related to South African fans accusing England fans of accusing their own wrongly then throwing wrongful accusations at England players in return, then Kiwis wading in and England fans saying they've no right to talk because of a run-out then Kiwis replying about the Elliott-Sidebottom instance and Australians saying that they'd be crucified far worse because everyone picks on Australians... etc. etc.

Just pretty silly and (IMO) rather boring. But it'll be done soon with any luke.

Briony

International Debutant
Yes the poms had the chance to trial the referral system but refused. The likes of Cook must rue this decision.

Flem274*

123/5
None of this stuff is to do with anything which would be altered by referrals. It's purely related to South African fans accusing England fans of accusing their own wrongly then throwing wrongful accusations at England players in return, then Kiwis wading in and England fans saying they've no right to talk because of a run-out then Kiwis replying about the Elliott-Sidebottom instance and Australians saying that they'd be crucified far worse because everyone picks on Australians... etc. etc.

Just pretty silly and (IMO) rather boring. But it'll be done soon with any luke.
Haha, so true.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't even try to work it out to be fair. Most of the time only Richard understands his logic.
I believe the motive for wishing him failure is so the selectors understand that entirely 'punt' based selections are wrong and must be avoided.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes the "play so badly that you teach the selectors a lesson" approach. Not a very attractive outlook imo but I must admit that I had similar thoughts about Steve McLaren when he was England football manager

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Er... what's any of this got to do with the referral system?

Uppercut

... And Makhaya Ntini shows the England selectors that just because your excellent but aging opening bowler has a bad game for the first match of a series doesn't mean he's over the hill.