• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Surely someone has to knock Broad over cheaply soon?

Then this crap of his batting keeping a totally ineffective bowler in the side might stop. Unlikely, but you never know.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
This is exactly the reason why Flintoff needed to replace a bowler, the idea of Ambrose and Flintoff at six and seven is a scary one, and puts all the onus on the top five to get runs. If they don't, like today, we're in the ****. If we had Flintoff coming in at eight, our batting looks a lot stronger and it would leave a lot more margin for error with the top five.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Lets face it. I doubt 1 more batsmen (especially Collingwood) would have made much of a difference to this inept batting display.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lets face it. I doubt 1 more batsmen (especially Collingwood) would have made much of a difference to this inept batting display.
Because Collingwood charges out there and tries to score at 4-5 an over doesn't he just like the rest of these soft flair players?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, he just gets out the minute the ball moves off the seam or swings whether he tries to attack or defend.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Steyn has to fancy his chances against Flintoff, and be very disappointed if he doesn't get the wicket.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grrr Blofeld talks such a load of crap.

I mean yea the romance of a 29yo Aussie with 11 FC games under his belt playing is so great it doesn't matter about everything else.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Needs banning. Not just a questionable carry - it carried, he dropped it, and then he claimed it anyway. Cheating, pure and simple.
So Collingwood was banned for that farcical Elliott run out against New Zealand? I don't see the difference really.. Gamesmanship of the worst order on both counts..

Nice to see SA in the box seat, I think Flintoff will perish soon but Broad looks very well organized.. Blofeld's commentary really is the worst "Flags fluttering, the sponsors logo offering a splash of colour".. Yep thats what usually occurs at the test match, tell me something I don't know.. He just called "Ian Smith" an England test cricketer.. Absolutely dire.. Definitely Pipe and Slippers time for him...

Weren't Strauss's parents South African, and he was born there? Nobody talks about him as a SA'n..

Staggering depression from England fans on here.. Whats all that about?

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Steyn has to fancy his chances against Flintoff, and be very disappointed if he doesn't get the wicket.
Flintoff flying to a flyer.

Question is - will it continue for long? Never looks convincing.
Kallis should do juuuuuuuuuust fine against Flintoff... if he could actually get any swing. Outswingers should always do the job against Flintoff.

But so could just bowling. Ntini almost gets him with a nothing ball outside off, instead he gets his first Test runs for over 18 months.
How many times does one need to repeat a point?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So Collingwood was banned for that farcical Elliott run out against New Zealand?
No, nothing to do with that. It was for a slow over-rate.
Weren't Strauss's parents South African, and he was born there? Nobody talks about him as a SA'n..
Completely different question. Strauss is obviously British. Birthplace is irrelevant, it's upbringing that counts.

Hence the British-born Pattinson is Australian, the South African-born Strauss is British. The South Afican-born Pietersen is South African, mind.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Reckon England missed Collingwood today. Would be not out currently, batting with Freddy. But no, England are dire.