• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

tooextracool

International Coach
That is a god awful decision. It wasnt even a very convincing appeal by the South Africans, more like a sunday afternoon post-tea question.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The call for video, video and more video for caught behinds is going to get louder and louder isn't it.....

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is a god awful decision. It wasnt even a very convincing appeal by the South Africans, more like a sunday afternoon post-tea question.
Anyway, where's my effigy gone? Isn't this the point where we should riot and demand that Bowden never umpires England again?

tooextracool

International Coach
The selectors have a magical ability to be in more than one place at once, however. This is because there are more than one of them.
It is highly unlikely that they would make it to 9 games at once though. Because there arent 9 of them. And its even more unlikely that any of them spend more than just a few hours, rather than the 4-day duration of a FC game, watching everyone perform.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Vaughan goooooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeee. Doubtless his detractors will say he made a decent ball look a good one again. :dry:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway, where's my effigy gone? Isn't this the point where we should riot and demand that Bowden never umpires England again?
Would have thought you'd allow him a few after Kasprowicz at Edgbaston...

Point is, Billy has some shockers against everyone from time to time. Worryingly often of late.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It is highly unlikely that they would make it to 9 games at once though. Because there arent 9 of them.
No, as you've said yourself there are a handful of games played at once - rarely 9.

And where did you get the idea that the selectors may never have seen him play?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sure enough, Vaughan doesn't hang around against Steyn.

Perfect, s**t selectors, s**t umpire, s**t players and s**t commentary with Blofeld on.

My classes are in for mighty hard time today.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Bond was a left-field selection in 2001. The reason for his inclusion was basically a mixture of injuries and the fact that he took a few wickets in a NZ A tour (which, although I stand to be corrected, I think he was also an injury replacement on). I remember a fairly large number of people saying "Shane who?" when he was named in the XI to play Australia.

A poor selection, do you think?
Probably, if what you say is true. I'm not sure whether it is or isn't, but generally I've no reason to doubt you.

Of course, his continued Test selection wasn't poor at all, but his initial selection was based on that. Nothing wrong with that - not all bad selections go balls-up.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sure enough, Vaughan doesn't hang around against Steyn.

Perfect, s**t selectors, s**t umpire, s**t players and s**t commentary with Blofeld on.

My classes are in for mighty hard time today.
Would've thought you'd know better than to avoid the filter. :p

Looks like rain is imminent.