• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Ok some clarification- Top 6 associates will get/retain their ODI status while top 4 makes the wc. As said before they will get a lot of financial boost- the top associates can get up to $1,160,000 more or less. they will be held accountable which is a good idea and the ICC has about 2 million more for each year that will be used on case by case basis.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/358735.html
Am asking can we see them improve in such level that they can beat Test Nations such as Bangaldesh, Zimbabwe & West Indies quite often??? Atleast Kenya & Ireland?

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Worst Show by Ireland. Anways not to blame them, this team looks like Ireland A playing with no key players, but its tough for these teams to get matches against big teams if they send such teams for big matches like these!

LA ICE-E

State Captain
There's nothing that can be done until they are professionals all year/ season around 'cause even though ICC made it a rule that counties have to release the players the players have to look after their place in the counties.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Decent show by Scotland, Hope they show some fight against New Zealand too. Ireland got wat they deserved. Time for them to think about their future tournaments before getting knocked out of the main table...

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Whyyy do people like us?
Because Of ur team's performance in 2007 WC & there are the best associate team at present (According to ranking but i feel Kenya are still the best). That will be proven with the odis coming between these two nations soon.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because Of ur team's performance in 2007 WC & there are the best associate team at present (According to ranking but i feel Kenya are still the best). That will be proven with the odis coming between these two nations soon.
It won't be proven because any Irish players who are any good will be picked for their counties instead. And any that are really good, like Ed Joyce, will go and play for Those We Do Not Speak Of.

Uppercut

Wait, i just asked an Indian person why they like the team who knocked Pakistan out of the world cup. Silly of me :happy:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Wait, i just asked an Indian person why they like the team who knocked Pakistan out of the world cup. Silly of me :happy:
Chill bro, That's not bacause of knocking out Pakistan. Thats because of them playing so well. Don't know y ur so against ur own country only? So sad...

Uppercut

Gosh don't be silly. I have never enjoyed a cricket match more than i did the one against Pakistan. But unlike most other test-playing nations, there's a built-in limit to how good we can be. Never will we reach the level of England 'A'.

Uppercut

With regards to Irish and Scottish cricket though, he's spot on. The state of the Ireland team that went out against New Zealand was depressing. The case of Joyce shows too that any player considered good enough to defect to England will do so.

Bangladesh could, realistically, with a good generation of players, become test-standard. Ireland will always be a minor cricketing nation.

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I feel his argument is hurt by its being a bit eurocentric
It's not Eurocentric though, It's about Ireland and Scotland to a lesser extent but not the Dutch or Danish. Kenya and Namibia are in a similar boat but the writer lives and works in Europe so he knows about that and not Kenya. Also Kenya don't have the problem of counties poaching players, which is what it's all about.