• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Yay, finally we will have a medium-strength team. Now we can finally turn the tables on England.

Ohm wait on......
:huh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
You've got to admit, "as South African as apartheid" gets a giggle.

C'mon, admit it :ph34r:
Haha.. He's about as pleasant as Apartheid too..

Just had a look on the Wimbledon website.. Heard the great British hopeful this year is called "Keothavong".. Is she from Filey or Johannesburg?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Haha.. He's about as pleasant as Apartheid too..

Just had a look on the Wimbledon website.. Heard the great British hopeful this year is called "Keothavong".. Is she from Filey or Johannesburg?
Don't mock our lady tennis players, there was another good win in the First Round for Susan Smith................no wait a minute it was...........Elena Baltacha.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really excited about the game tonight, hoping that New Zealand can claim victory and go 2-1 up in the series. Looks as though Oram will be coming into the team for Hopkins, which is excellent news. Adds so much more firepower and balance to our middle/lower order.

Ian Bell seems to have injured his knee in training, so Alistair Cook looks set to get another crack at the top of the order while there is talk that Sidebottom could replace James Anderson.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Totally off topic, but I was creaming myself yesterday over the ODI line-up NZ could have in 6 months or so...

Ryder (23)
McCullum (26)
How (27)
Taylor (24)
Styris (32)
Oram (29)
Elliot (29)
Franklin (27)
Vettori (29)
Mills (29)
Southee (19)

- No tail, everyone can bat
- 8 bowlers
- Franklin the only issue. Can he start bowling decent in ODIs without losing his awesomeness in Tests
- Average age of 24. Only Styis on the wrong side of 30, to be replaced my 23yr old Flynn?

The test side

xxxx (xx)
How (27)
Fulton (29)
Taylor (24)
McCullum (26)
Ryder (23)
Oram (29)
Franklin (27)
Vettori (29)
Mills (29)
Southee (19)

- Still need to find ourselves an opener. Surprise, surprise.
- Possibly Flynn for Fulton

Pretty balanced line-up, in terms of bat-ball and youth-experience.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Totally off topic, but I was creaming myself yesterday over the ODI line-up NZ could have in 6 months or so...

Ryder (23)
McCullum (26)
How (27)
Taylor (24)
Styris (32)
Oram (29)
Elliot (29)
Franklin (27)
Vettori (29)
Mills (29)
Southee (19)

- No tail, everyone can bat
- 8 bowlers
- Franklin the only issue. Can he start bowling decent in ODIs without losing his awesomeness in Tests
- Average age of 24. Only Styis on the wrong side of 30, to be replaced my 23yr old Flynn?
The average of that line up is nearly 27???

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
James Franklin hasn't bowled in international cricket in a year. He hasn't bowled in a Test in a year and a half. I don't think people should just presume that he's going to return to his previous Test match effectiveness. It remains to be seen.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
It does feel like he's been out for a long long time. I prefer to see emerging players like Greg Hay get a shot in that lineup in 6 months. NOT at the expense of Flynn, maybe Marshall in the test team, or Styris in the ODI.

Of course, one crappy summer against a half decent side could mean your career in NZ cricket it seems, doesn't matter how old you are. Elliott some might argue got extremely lucky Oram got injured.

I'd expect Franklin to have to work his way back in, and not selecting him as soon as he's fit. Same for Ryder.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
James Franklin hasn't bowled in international cricket in a year. He hasn't bowled in a Test in a year and a half. I don't think people should just presume that he's going to return to his previous Test match effectiveness. It remains to be seen.
I was talking possible line-ups 6 months to 1 year into the future.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember being hugely in favour of Fulton solving all our batting problems when we were struggling in late 2007 (not that I was the only one) only to witness him return to the side and bat horribly. Everyone including Franklin in their 'dream XI's seems to be a very similar situation, personally I believe his comeback should be treated with more caution and slightly less expectation.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Just wondering what really is Shane Bond's position with NZ?
From the interviews I heard when he signed to play for the ICL, I get the impression if the ban didn't exist he'd certainly continue playing for New Zealand, but with the money on offer and his body's issues in the past, the ICL offer was too good to refuse.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ian Bell seems to have injured his knee in training, so Alistair Cook looks set to get another crack at the top of the order while there is talk that Sidebottom could replace James Anderson.
Apparently Bell's injury occured whilst playing touch rugby - sums up England's rugby skills at the moment...