• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So he is idiotic just because he has the balls to say that?

Get of your ****en high horse. Just cos his post count is in double digits and your is nearing six figures, doesn't give you the right to call someone idiotic. ffs
I, of course, called the posts idiotic, not the poster. Posts like that are a complete waste of space. No use comes of it whatsoever. What good can possible come of saying "let's all laugh at ... because of ..."? It doesn't take balls to say that, it takes stupidity. So NZ are better than England at ODI cricket - and? Especially comments like this
their only consistent matchwinner is as South African as aparthied.
are even more stupid than the rest and are clearly aimed only in inciting as many people as possible. Exactly the same thing SW\BLE did, and that line especially couldn't have come out of his locker more perfectly.

Posts saying basically "haha, <...> are ****" have zero point and should always be called idiotic. And as I say, it's far from the first time this poster has done such a thing. I couldn't care less about what the postcount of the member is BTW, I've said posts are idiotic from members with 10,000+ posts - several of them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Where have you been?

The average English fan on the street will always say that England should thrash New Zealand. England fans have never gotten over colonialism when estimating the New Zealand cricket team.
I don't think so somehow. Yes, NZ have been vastly underestimated (and, more to the point, England's ODI team especially and Test team to an extent overestimated - but this is nothing new nor unique to when playing NZ) by the public at large and most of the tabloid press and TV commentary teams but it's nothing to do with never getting over colonialism. It's due to typical British tendency to overrate their teams (then get disproportionately downhearted in the frequent events that their overestimates were badly wrong).

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd have preferred "as South African as slicing your hand whilst trying to prepare a tasty, tasty snack of Biltong", but I appreciate the sentiment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'd have preferred "as South African as slicing your hand whilst trying to prepare a tasty, tasty snack of Biltong", but I appreciate the sentiment.
Interesting that you remember that - the game in question that Boucher missed because he did that wasn't even against New Zealand.

HeathDavisSpeed

Interesting that you remember that - the game in question that Boucher missed because he did that wasn't even against New Zealand.
Erm... I do tend to watch more cricket than just New Zealand games... I've been to plenty of Ashes tests, for example. If there's good cricket to be watch, I will try my level best to watch it.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember that too, it was one of my favourite ODI series ever - at Telstra Dome (although it was called something else then...Colonial was it?). Andrew Hall kept wicket IIRC.

Idiotic?
So far this year New Zealand is winning 4-2 in the one dayers, they thumped them at the WC last year (anyone remember "Captain Fantastic" Freddie's late night drunken swim?), they have the #1 ranked bowler in Vettori and Mills is ranked #4. England's top ranked bowler is Anderson at 25. Yet every time England lose it's not because NZ is better, it's because they threw it away. New Zealand didn't beat them, they just scored more runs.8-)

Oh yeah, let's laugh at England.:laugh:
Absolutely. I salute your powerful posts and for not being afraid to tell it how it is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Erm... I do tend to watch more cricket than just New Zealand games... I've been to plenty of Ashes tests, for example. If there's good cricket to be watch, I will try my level best to watch it.
Yeah, but most people don't remember stuff from short, isolated ODI series'. Quite unusual, methinks.
I remember that too, it was one of my favourite ODI series ever - at Telstra Dome (although it was called something else then...Colonial was it?). Andrew Hall kept wicket IIRC.
Aye, it was the Colonial Stadium at that time. After Boucher attained said injury, Hall took the gloves - and handed them to Gary Kirsten when he came on to bowl the 49th over or something around that.

Most remarkable thing of all was that SA won the home-and-away thing 3-2, 2-1 at home and 1-1 away. And all that just weeks then months after the Cronjegate affair broke.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yeah, but most people don't remember stuff from short, isolated ODI series'. Quite unusual, methinks.
So's having two degrees, an honest assessment of one's exposure to VD and also keeping a crocodile in your bathtub, but I'm not honestly sure that's important right now.

HeathDavisSpeed

No, it ain't.
Anyway, I have no idea why I remember that series other than finding the Boucher accident quite amusing at the time. Plus, Andrew Hall is one of my current cricketing heroes - a real cricketing jack-of-all-trades. If only he bowled 10-15mph quicker.