• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Some dire posts in the last few pages. You can't just point out the quality of the deliveries in which the batsmen were dismissed. Any mention of the immense pressure and build-up before most of them? Dire. Over-analysing at its extreme for mine.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some dire posts in the last few pages. You can't just point out the quality of the deliveries in which the batsmen were dismissed. Any mention of the immense pressure and build-up before most of them? Dire. Over-analysing at its extreme for mine.
Don't see much pressure at 62-2 chasing a piss poor total. Both in-batsmen then shovelled wide nothing deliveries to fielders. How can you analyse that without using words like pathetic, rubbish, moronic.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I addressed this precise point. If it's decent balls getting wickets through attempted attacking shots at a time when batsmen obviously should be looking to up the run-rate, then yeah, fine (this was true in two cases, Taylor and Collingwood, and you could just about make the case for McCullum too). But if it's rank bad deliveries getting wickets (as in the cases of How, Flynn, Hopkins, Pietersen, Bell, Bopara, Swann and Broad) it's **** bowling, pure and simple. No bad delivery ever deserves a wicket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Let's take a look at England:

- they are playing a team that has been extremely weakened due to retirements, injuries and the ICL.

- they are playing at home.

- they should be 2-1 down if it wasn't for some cynical tactics and the incompetence of two umpires who were afraid of upsetting the home crowd.

- their only consistent matchwinner is as South African as aparthied.

- they arrogantly expect to beat a side who thumped them 3-1 a few months ago and who are placed higher than them in the rankings.

Let's all laugh at England :laugh:
You might not be SW\BLE, but several of your posts have been as idiotic as his.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
OK I'll shut up and summarise: Elliott reminds me of Styris in his early days. Though obviously he shouldn't be expected to make the transformation into a top order batsman that Styris made. Would be nice if it happened though.
I was just about to make the same assessment of Elliot. Not that he reminds me of early Styris, but he is as much like Styris as Southee is like Mills, and Fulton like Fleming.

Lord Flasheart

Cricket Spectator
Idiotic?
So far this year New Zealand is winning 4-2 in the one dayers, they thumped them at the WC last year (anyone remember "Captain Fantastic" Freddie's late night drunken swim?), they have the #1 ranked bowler in Vettori and Mills is ranked #4. England's top ranked bowler is Anderson at 25. Yet every time England lose it's not because NZ is better, it's because they threw it away. New Zealand didn't beat them, they just scored more runs.8-)

Oh yeah, let's laugh at England.:laugh:

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
You might not be SW\BLE, but several of your posts have been as idiotic as his.
So he is idiotic just because he has the balls to say that?

Get of your ****en high horse. Just cos his post count is in double digits and your is nearing six figures, doesn't give you the right to call someone idiotic. ffs

GAGF

Flem274*

123/5
The last couple of pages have all had valid points but unfortunately many posters threw it away with a stupid comment. Detention and rubbish duty for you.

I'll give my summary:

NZ: Awfully inconsistent.

England: Same as us.

Both sides have potential but they can't put two good matches together consistently. There seems to be a bit of hype in England that they should be smashing us, which in the tests I'd definitely agree however after the ODIs here I personally believe we should be have carried on in much the same fashion as before. However some good performances from England, who have played very well at times, and some ordinary cricket from NZ has made this very even. The opposite applies as well.

FFS I'm rambling on so in summary, both teams are playing like ****.

Days of Grace

International Captain
If the ODIs were played first on this tour, I am pretty confident that NZ would have continued on their winnings ways.

But the result at Old Trafford all but knocked the spirit out of the black caps and we have done well to fight back. The result on Saturday would have given them a lot of heart. I'm fairly confident for the last two games, providing we put in a top order batting performance.

Flem274*

123/5
Is there? :unsure:
I said seems because I'm unsure as well. However judging by what Richard has told us about the medias calls over there and some of the quotes the NZ Herald has used (and admittedly probably twisted) I got the impression they were pretty confident.

If you have info otherwise, enlighten me so I don't look silly. :p

pasag

RTDAS
There may have been a quite confidence after the Tests and Twenty20 match especially since this NZ side has quite a few unproven rookies but I haven't noticed any hype about NZ getting "smashed", then again I don't live in England.