• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan

State Captain
woo, awesome win today...well deserved, just hope we don't give up the good work and lose to St Kilda next week
AWTA.

Was a very impressive performance from us :) , especially after losing badly to the UnWinnables :@ last week. Am a big fan of Dean Laidley's coaching methods, shutting down the Hawks transfer of play through halfback and applying pressure to the ball carrier whenever they got the ball in the corridor. Guys like Petrie, Watt did an excellent job filling the hole in front of Franklin and co, even if Roughead was a threat. Hawks were poor in front of goal tho, unusually.

The thing that I love about the Roos is that we are always ready for a scrap and are just about the most desperate team in the comp in winning the contested ball, no on exemplifies that more than Daniel Harris, who's so awesome at extricating the ball out of a pack. Criminally underrated for mine.

Hale is a top contested mark, Thomas and Campbell are developing into consistent, elusive small forwards and Hansen looks a keeper at CHF. The thing that really ****s me though, is that we can't ever afford to have a crap season and get high draft picks because we cant afford to lose members when in a downturn unlike Carlton8-) Here's to hoping we get in the top 8!

pasag

RTDAS
Brisbane running away with it. Two or so points in it at 3 qtr time, now they've kicked three in a minute. Good match though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Tipped the stupid Crows. Not had a good round.

Haha, loved that Richmond/Crows game in '06. Was amazing. Crows almost came back in the 4th iirc, didn't happen though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha, Cats lead by a hundred. Could at least have picked Freo and it would have been close. :dry:
Sort of hoping Carlton lose tomorrow too so we can share title. Would feel bit hollow winning like this, given I basically had the advantage because I was up earlier last sunday.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Geez Patful did a good job on Burton. Pretty tough player to match up on, too.

Pretty scrappy match, not that good to watch, but the Rutten vs Brown show is always good value, and Brisbane were good in the final term. Adelaide disappointing in the second half though, haven't played four solid quarters in a long time, give or take last week.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geez Patful did a good job on Burton. Pretty tough player to match up on, too.

Pretty scrappy match, not that good to watch, but the Rutten vs Brown show is always good value, and Brisbane were good in the final term. Adelaide disappointing in the second half though, haven't played four solid quarters in a long time, give or take last week.
Agreed. I'm loving the way Patful is developing as a key defender for the Lions, hes hardly had a bad game all season. Even did a reasonable job on Buddy iirc. Good to see Mitch Clark have another very good game as well. I'm not sure where he'll end up playing long term, but he's definitely got the ability to play as either a key forward or back.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hansen looks a keeper at CHF
Nah reckon he'll end up mainly down back, we've Tarrant to come in long term up forward but we've been struggling down back. Was good to see Firrito running through the middle at times today, he's looked shot the last few weeks.

Apparently Jesse Smith should be back after the split round, he's playing reserves for Ballarat today, if he were to come back with Urquhart accross HB we'd go up another notch.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nice to see Gill back the other night after all the injuries and delays.

One of the main delays was playing the role of Ted in 'Heroes'.

Status
Not open for further replies.