• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He's probably going to shut me up and take a Michelle, but what is the fuss about Southee's bowling about, he looks pretty average to me.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just looking over Elliott's record. While he did look pretty damn dire in his only Test, his numbers really back up his selection.

His career record is pretty average - 1173 runs @ 33.51 and 46 wickets @ 30.84 (5.12) in List A cricket. His List A batting average is worse than Hamish Marshall's and well, we've all seen him bowl.

However..

Since defecting to New Zealand, he's played 26 List A games. He started pretty poorly but the bat, but he still has a very impressive overall record. He has 645 runs @ 49.62 over three seasons. That's pretty awesome really. He averaged 64.6 in 10 List A games last season. He started pretty poorly with the ball since defecting as well, taking one wicket in his first season at 76. Again though, he's been pretty useful overall since the move, taking 35 wickets @ 24.58 in 26 games. Economy rate a little high at 4.9 but he's the fifth bowler and he's in the side for his batting primarily, so it's not awful.

Fair from the worst selection ever, really. He obviously wasn't much chop in SA but he's been one of the leading players in NZ domestic one day cricket.

GGG

State Captain
Just looking over Elliott's record. While he did look pretty damn dire in his only Test, his numbers really back up his selection.

His career record is pretty average - 1173 runs @ 33.51 and 46 wickets @ 30.84 (5.12) in List A cricket. His List A batting average is worse than Hamish Marshall's and well, we've all seen him bowl.

However..

Since defecting to New Zealand, he's played 26 List A games. He started pretty poorly but the bat, but he still has a very impressive overall record. He has 645 runs @ 49.62 over three seasons. That's pretty awesome really. He averaged 64.6 in 10 List A games last season. He started pretty poorly with the ball since defecting as well, taking one wicket in his first season at 76. Again though, he's been pretty useful overall since the move, taking 35 wickets @ 24.58 in 26 games. Economy rate a little high at 4.9 but he's the fifth bowler and he's in the side for his batting primarily, so it's not awful.

Fair from the worst selection ever, really. He obviously wasn't much chop in SA but he's been one of the leading players in NZ domestic one day cricket.

I have always thought Elliot could make a OK ODI player, not good enough with either bat or ball to be a test player.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds an appalling ****-up on cricinfo. :@
Not that anyone should be worried about a 24-over affair, I suppose.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A win is a win IMO, it would be very hard for NZ to come back into the series if we take this, alas I think we will lose this evening

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What happened?

Oh and Styris bowling absolute garbage.
cricinfo said:
Vettori to Bopara, OUT, it's Keystone Cop stuff out there. Bopara pushed into the covers, attempted a single, turned back, and found Collingwood hurtling for the same end. There was never any doubt that a wicket had fallen, the question was who? After a long delay and several replays, Bopara is sent on his way