• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Natman20

International Debutant
Oram in Odis?
When you look at the stats both for bowling and batting he hasn't really scored significantly or taken many wickets in ODIs (he is economical though) and he wouldn't make it to a world XI. If so it would be based on what they think he is capable of.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sanga's is magic and probably my favourite player but its hard to select him as the keeper when he's playing as one less and less.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sanga's is magic and probably my favourite player but its hard to select him as the keeper when he's playing as one less and less.
As opposed to McCullum who is keeping as regularly as ever... :huh:

Sangakkara keeps in every ODI he plays these days. That's more than you can say for McCullum. FWIW I'd take Dhoni over McCullum as well, by quite some distance.

Athlai

Not Terrible
As opposed to McCullum who is keeping as regularly as ever... :huh:

Sangakkara keeps in every ODI he plays these days. That's more than you can say for McCullum. FWIW I'd take Dhoni over McCullum as well, by quite some distance.
McCullum has only been staying away from the gloves due to a mixture of back problems and being forced right up the order. Best in the world with the gloves IMO, would take him over Dhoni at the moment but not Sanga's. Though you'd probably go for whoever was in best form at the time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
McCullum has only been staying away from the gloves due to a mixture of back problems and being forced right up the order. Best in the world with the gloves IMO, would take him over Dhoni at the moment but not Sanga's. Though you'd probably go for whoever was in best form at the time.
Dhoni and Sangakkara both comfortably > McCullum as batsmen at this point in time. I don't really care if McCullum is a smidgen better than either with the gloves, both Sangakkara and Dhoni are excellent 'keepers, and I'd have both before McCullum easily currently.

Natman20

International Debutant
Dhoni and Sangakkara both comfortably > McCullum as batsmen at this point in time. I don't really care if McCullum is a smidgen better than either with the gloves, both Sangakkara and Dhoni are excellent 'keepers, and I'd have both before McCullum easily currently.
Test - Sangakarra
ODI - Dhoni
T20 - McCullum

Thats how i see it

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well you might, but I'd just pick Dhoni. He averages 45 with a Strike Rate of 92 FFS..
Since the 1st of July 2007 (basically after the WC).

McCullum has scored 644 runs @ 53.66 with a SR of 109.89 in 15 matches.
Dhoni has scored 985 runs @ 42.82 with a SR of 80.27 in 34 matches.
Sangakkara has scored 569 runs @ 31.61 with a SR of 66.62 in 19 matches.

I reckon McCullum and Dhoni are a lot closer than the overall records would indicate, considering the way Macca plays these days and how well he has opened.